Greetings to all!
I just got back from my second trip to Japan only a couple of days ago. My trip was an absolute success and I loved every second of it, regardless of my getting sick and the heat! First of all, I’d like to thank you all for helping me out so much with the planning. I tend to ask many questions since I like to have everything under control, so I think I ended up asking quite a bit…
Someone asked for a trip report, so here it is. I’ll say this now, but it’s going to be very long since I like to write down all the details.
On my first trip to Japan last year I only went to Tokyo (+ Kamakura + Takasaki), so I think I missed seeing a more ‘traditional side’ of Japan and maybe more of the countryside / smaller towns. Therefore this trip included lots of shrines, temples, castles and rice fields to make up for that.
My itinerary ended up changing quite a lot since my first post on this forum (http://www.fodors.com/community/asia/itinerary-help-568906-2.cfm for reference), I ended up taking out Kyoto and Nara completely, trading them for smaller towns closer to Hiroshima and Himeji, and therefore also spending less money on transportation. I had chosen these dates so I was there during Tanabata Festival and the Himeji Yukata Matsuri, although I missed out on the second one because of flight problems I’ll soon tell you more about. I also chose tsuyu because I absolutely adore rain but it never rains in Spain, although now it is very hot in Japan.
Anyway, this is how it went in the end:
Fri 24 June) Landing in Kansai Airport. Bay Ferry to Kobe, Express to Himeji. Sleep
Sat 25 June) Mt.Shosha + Bizen
Sun 26 June) Asakuchi + Kurashiki
Mon 27 June) Onomichi + Fukuyama
Tue 28 June) Hiroshima
Wed 29 June) Hiroshima
Thu 30 June) Hiroshima
Fri 1 July) Miyajima
Sat 2 July) Iwakuni + Hiroshima
Sun 3 July) Takehara + Fukuyama Folk Museum
Mon 4 July) Okayama
Tue 5 July) Kibi Plain attempt + Ako
Wed 6 July) Himeji + Osaka
Thu 7 July) Osaka
Fri 8 July) Kansai Airport and back home
Feel free to post any comments or questions if you’d like to ask something Trip reports helped me a lot while I was planning, so I hope this will also help some of you.
Let it begin!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://topwellnessstartpoints.co.uk/biorepair-cream/
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 4 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 5 Being customs
- 6 Road Scholar tour in China
- 7 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 8 myanmar
- 9 Tips in Myanmar
- 10 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 11 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 12 A beach of choice on Samui
- 13 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 14 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 15 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 16 Travel India solo
- 17 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 18 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 19 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 20 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 21 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 22 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 23 Osaka, aquarium?
- 24 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 25 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
Greetings to all!