A perk of working abroad is the chance to travel: from Abu Dhabi this year, we’ve visited 10 countries as of September, excluding work travel. Usually these trips are under a week and too brief to write up, but for longer ones, both more research goes into the planning, and afterward there are more experiences and recommendations to share with other travelers.
ABOUT THE REPORT:
To make this report accessible, there’s a separate post per destination and headers for activities/sights/food etc. for skipping through to read parts of interest.
DAYS 1-3: Bangkok
DAYS 4-7: Siem Reap
DAY 8: Transit via BKK to Krabi
DAYS 9-13: Ko Phi Phi
DAYS 14-16: Bangkok
BKK: MOCA, Chatuchak, Chinatown Street Food Tour, Thonburi, Nana, Rooftop Bars, Nahm, Soi Cowboy
SR: Angkor, Riverside, Biking, Cooking Class
PP: Review of Outrigger Resort, Viewpoint Hiking, Kayaking
ALL: hotels, food, spa, shopping
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy, and hearing of your experiences is always welcome for future visits
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 2 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 3 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 4 3 weeks in Japan
- 5 New Years in Japan
- 6 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 7 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 8 Touristy Thailand
- 9 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 10 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 11 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 12 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 13 Myanmar tour companies
- 14 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 A Victory Day Tour
- 17 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 Kinosake Onsen Ryokan
- 20 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 21 One Visa for multiple countries?
- 22 Procuring Letter of Invitation from Kazakhastan for Visa
- 23 Memories: Astana, Expo 2017
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 EF tours fired incompetent tour guide
TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)