A perk of working abroad is the chance to travel: from Abu Dhabi this year, we’ve visited 10 countries as of September, excluding work travel. Usually these trips are under a week and too brief to write up, but for longer ones, both more research goes into the planning, and afterward there are more experiences and recommendations to share with other travelers.
ABOUT THE REPORT:
To make this report accessible, there’s a separate post per destination and headers for activities/sights/food etc. for skipping through to read parts of interest.
DAYS 1-3: Bangkok
DAYS 4-7: Siem Reap
DAY 8: Transit via BKK to Krabi
DAYS 9-13: Ko Phi Phi
DAYS 14-16: Bangkok
BKK: MOCA, Chatuchak, Chinatown Street Food Tour, Thonburi, Nana, Rooftop Bars, Nahm, Soi Cowboy
SR: Angkor, Riverside, Biking, Cooking Class
PP: Review of Outrigger Resort, Viewpoint Hiking, Kayaking
ALL: hotels, food, spa, shopping
Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy, and hearing of your experiences is always welcome for future visits
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 2 Bangkok Taxis
- 3 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 4 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 5 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 6 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 7 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 8 Turkey’s targeted teachers find refuge in Vietnam
- 9 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 10 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 11 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?
- 12 Heads up for US people trying to pay for Myanmar by cc from the US
- 13 A month in central Asia
- 14 Central Asia Four Week Itinerary
- 15 Something about... Malaysia
- 16 Day trip from Kuala Lumpur
- 17 Two Round Trip Tickets?
- 18 Osaka, aquarium?
- 19 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 20 favorite activities in krabi area
- 21 itinerary help for cambodia and laos
- 22 Cambodia arrival visa
- 23 Itinerary feedback please
- 24 24 day trip plan: early stages
- 25 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)