We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 2 Pl suggest itinerary in Taipei / surrounds for 6 nights Nov 2015
- 3 where can I buy IASO?
- 4 looking for 1 week Vietnam itinerary suggestions
- 5 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 6 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 7 Looking for country suggestions for 2 week itinerary for next year's trip
- 8 Chaing Mai how long and 1-day meditation retreat
- 9 November trip to Myanmar and Cambodia
- 10 Thailand For 5 weeks starting 11/5/2015
- 11 HONG KONG: 9 Must-Dine Restaurants To Suit Every Budget
- 12 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 13 Once again, possible Nepal backup
- 14 Thai Air Suspends L.A. Flight
- 15 Help please! Trying to plan an Asia/Middle East/Russia trip!
- 16 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 17 Yangon's growing photography scene
- 18 Bagan must see with a guide
- 19 Okinawa on Anthony Bourdain tonight
- 20 Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest
- 21 Arashiyama Excursion
- 22 Hotel reservations for Chiang Mai 11/9-11-16?
- 23 Pondicherry hotel
- 24 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 25 Christmas in Bali