We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 2 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 3 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 4 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 5 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 6 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 7 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 8 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 9 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 10 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 11 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 12 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 13 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 14 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 15 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 16 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 17 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 Honeymoon in Bali
- 20 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 21 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 22 India E Tourist Visa
- 23 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 24 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 25 New Travelor