We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Japan
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 4 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 7 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 8 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 9 Silk Road Tour - China
- 10 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 11 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 12 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 13 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 14 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 15 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 16 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 17 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 18 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 19 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 20 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 21 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 22 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 25 Kuala Lumpur itinerary