We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Trip Approaching - Questions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 border crossing over land Bangkok to Myanmar (Phunaron)
- 2 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 3 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 4 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 5 China in 12 Days
- 6 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 7 language problem in japan
- 8 Nepal
- 9 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 10 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 11 two free days in Beijing
- 12 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 13 April in Bangkok, again!
- 14 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 15 Japan - spending money?
- 16 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 17 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 18 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 19 1st Trip to Bali
- 20 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 21 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 22 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 23 water villages, shanghai
- 24 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 25 Help with Malaysia itinerary