We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Trip Approaching - Questions!
- 1 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 2 Travel Insurance
- 3 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 4 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 5 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 8 South East Asia
- 9 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 10 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 11 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 12 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 13 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 14 1 week Philippines
- 15 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 16 Japan: best time to go?
- 17 Magical India
- 18 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 19 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 20 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 21 SALAY from BAGAN
- 22 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 23 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 24 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 25 cell phone in india