We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 2 Totally unprepared
- 3 An island paradise?
- 4 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 5 Sri Lanka Question
- 6 Honeymoon in Sri Lanka - help/ideas
- 7 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 8 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 9 Discovering Paradise: fly to Sri Lanka
- 10 Trip to Sri Lanka
- 11 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 12 Three weeks in beautiful Sri Lanka
- 13 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 14 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 15 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 16 http://maleenhancementshop.info/vitalpeak-xt/
- 17 http://musclebuildingbuy.com/bella-dior/
- 18 dhttp://musclebuildingbuy.com/bella-dior/
- 19 http://www.piratetoyshop.com/kerave-hair-uk/
- 20 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 21 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 22 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 23 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 24 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 25 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu