We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://alphajackedhelp.com/max-rise-xs/
- 2 Mumbai short visit
- 3 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 4 K2 Base Camp Trek; Wondrous Experience!
- 5 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 6 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 7 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 8 Thailand Guides
- 9 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 10 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 11 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 12 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 13 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 14 Phuket Beaches
- 15 India itinerary critique please
- 16 Japan Itinerary!
- 17 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 18 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 19 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 20 Magical India
- 21 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 22 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 23 Vientiane and ??
- 24 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 25 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia