We arrive in Bangkok on November 4, staying at the Marriott Resort and Spa for the first four nights. On to Siem Reap and Krabi later too, and I have some random questions now that the trip is so close!
rhkkmk - you've given me hotel advice already, but I think you have a restaurant list? How can I get that?
We have our Visa for Cambodia, but am I correct in that we don't need a Visa for Thailand? (From the US). We're planning to take a taxi from the airport, or is there a better way? I'm not too concerned about price, as we'll be tired at that point.
Highlights we're planning on:
Wat Phra Kaew
Jim Thompson House
Get a massage (is the school at Wat Po fine, or should we spring for something more expensive?)
Cooking class with Mai Kaidee
Am I missing anything big? We want to do a tour out to a floating market and the railroad market, but I've been busy and have not gotten anything scheduled yet. What are my chances of getting something set up through Tong or Rat at this point? Any other guides that I should look at?
In Krabi, do I need to book a boat or kayaking/snorkling excursion ahead of time, or can I do it through the hotel? We're staying at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Any recommendations of things to do/not to be missed in Krabi and environs?
I will have more questions soon, thanks as always for the expert help....
Trip Approaching - Questions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 2 Overnight Train from Beijing to Xian
- 3 Suggestions for Itinerary from Beijing to Shanghai?
- 4 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 5 Amazing aerial footage from Kathmandu to Everest
- 6 Indus Travel - Royal India Tour March 2016
- 7 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 8 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 9 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 10 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 11 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 12 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 13 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 14 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 15 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 16 Weather in April
- 17 Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
- 18 Can you take luggage on the bullet train, or should the hotel send it on?
- 19 Malaysia travel route help!
- 20 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 21 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 22 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 23 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 24 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 25 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November