We are planning a 10 day trip to Sri Lanka this November. I have been reading other fodorites' itinerary and trip reports and here is the rough plan for us:
- Day 1: fly to colombo, stay overnight at an airport hotel
- Day 2-4: next morning, drive to sigriya and stay there for 3 nights. Make that as the base to explore dambulla, sigriya and polonnaruwa.
- Day 5: drive to Yala National Park. Stay overnight
- Day 6: half day safari, then leave for Tangalle
- Day 7: R & R
- Day 8 - 9: Drive to Galle. Explore Galle
- Day 10: fly back to delhi
Few questions -
1. Is Kandy worth a detour? If we decide to go there, should we first go to Kandy from colombo en route to sigiriya? Or explore sigiriya and surrounding areas and see Kandy on the way to Yala?
2. It seems that taxis are the best option to move around within the country. We are staying at good properties in all the 4 places. Would it be better to organise transport from these properties? Or should we contact a travel agency for a taxi / driver? Would they then charge for all 10 days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 COX @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre SUPP0RT 24/7
- 2 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 3 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 4 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 5 Vietnam 3 week itinerary help
- 6 Angkor guides: Tek???
- 7 What areas to stay in Singapore & Bali
- 8 Benefits of Online Hotel Booking & Popular Hotel Search Engines
- 9 An ode to the beautiful military retreats!
- 10 Sri Lanka in December
- 11 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 12 Sudden holiday to Japan
- 13 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 14 Travel Help!! Thailand - Ko Tao, Koh Samui or Ko Pha Ngan
- 15 Vietnam: Itinerary for 15 days in September
- 16 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 17 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 18 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 19 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 20 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 21 Hong Kong
- 22 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 23 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 24 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 25 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary