We are planning a 10 day trip to Sri Lanka this November. I have been reading other fodorites' itinerary and trip reports and here is the rough plan for us:
- Day 1: fly to colombo, stay overnight at an airport hotel
- Day 2-4: next morning, drive to sigriya and stay there for 3 nights. Make that as the base to explore dambulla, sigriya and polonnaruwa.
- Day 5: drive to Yala National Park. Stay overnight
- Day 6: half day safari, then leave for Tangalle
- Day 7: R & R
- Day 8 - 9: Drive to Galle. Explore Galle
- Day 10: fly back to delhi
Few questions -
1. Is Kandy worth a detour? If we decide to go there, should we first go to Kandy from colombo en route to sigiriya? Or explore sigiriya and surrounding areas and see Kandy on the way to Yala?
2. It seems that taxis are the best option to move around within the country. We are staying at good properties in all the 4 places. Would it be better to organise transport from these properties? Or should we contact a travel agency for a taxi / driver? Would they then charge for all 10 days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fast Boat Bali to Gili
- 2 A great trip in India
- 3 this does not mean that you can arbitrarily
- 4 Is what you know all sorts of floors divisional?
- 5 International Airlines Pilot By Shekhar Gupta N Niriha Khajanchi
- 6 http://www.healthoptimumfact.com/flawless-youth-skin-care/
- 7 Strengthen the daily maintenance of wood floors
- 8 content of good faith floor
- 9 Passport
- 10 connotation. Neoclassic
- 11 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 12 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 13 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 14 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 15 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 16 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 17 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 18 Hotels in Puri
- 19 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 20 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 21 Amakusa island help
- 22 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 23 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 24 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 25 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary