We are planning a 10 day trip to Sri Lanka this November. I have been reading other fodorites' itinerary and trip reports and here is the rough plan for us:
- Day 1: fly to colombo, stay overnight at an airport hotel
- Day 2-4: next morning, drive to sigriya and stay there for 3 nights. Make that as the base to explore dambulla, sigriya and polonnaruwa.
- Day 5: drive to Yala National Park. Stay overnight
- Day 6: half day safari, then leave for Tangalle
- Day 7: R & R
- Day 8 - 9: Drive to Galle. Explore Galle
- Day 10: fly back to delhi
Few questions -
1. Is Kandy worth a detour? If we decide to go there, should we first go to Kandy from colombo en route to sigiriya? Or explore sigiriya and surrounding areas and see Kandy on the way to Yala?
2. It seems that taxis are the best option to move around within the country. We are staying at good properties in all the 4 places. Would it be better to organise transport from these properties? Or should we contact a travel agency for a taxi / driver? Would they then charge for all 10 days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 One night in Osaka
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Japan for Foodies
- 5 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 6 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 7 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 8 Singapore weather in August/September
- 9 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary