We are planning a 10 day trip to Sri Lanka this November. I have been reading other fodorites' itinerary and trip reports and here is the rough plan for us:
- Day 1: fly to colombo, stay overnight at an airport hotel
- Day 2-4: next morning, drive to sigriya and stay there for 3 nights. Make that as the base to explore dambulla, sigriya and polonnaruwa.
- Day 5: drive to Yala National Park. Stay overnight
- Day 6: half day safari, then leave for Tangalle
- Day 7: R & R
- Day 8 - 9: Drive to Galle. Explore Galle
- Day 10: fly back to delhi
Few questions -
1. Is Kandy worth a detour? If we decide to go there, should we first go to Kandy from colombo en route to sigiriya? Or explore sigiriya and surrounding areas and see Kandy on the way to Yala?
2. It seems that taxis are the best option to move around within the country. We are staying at good properties in all the 4 places. Would it be better to organise transport from these properties? Or should we contact a travel agency for a taxi / driver? Would they then charge for all 10 days?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan GTG, early April
- 2 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 3 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 6 Takayama trail, Japan
- 7 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 8 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 9 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 10 Beijing tours
- 11 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 16 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 17 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 18 Visa for India
- 19 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 20 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 21 Hútòng Walking
- 22 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos
- 23 Singapore SAEX bus service question
- 24 21 Hours in Hong Kong
- 25 best options for cell phone in Vietnam and Thailand
Travelling with 3 yr old; please comment on 10 day itinerary