I'd like to see Matsumoto Castle and nothing else in Matsumoto, so I do not want to spend the night there. Is 1 hour enough time ,to visit the castle, because that is all the time I would have if I left Shinjuku station at 7:56, arrived in Matsumoto at 10:36 and then made a 2:05 Nohi bus to Takayama which gets in at 4:25. Also, is the bus ride over very windy roads. DH does not do well on those kinds of roads. If we skip Matsumoto we we would travel directly to Takayama from Tokyo. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Travelling Tokyo-Matsumoto-Takayama in one day
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 2 What I like about Mumbai
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 5 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 6 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 7 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 8 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 9 SE Asia 2014 trip report
- 10 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 11 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 12 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 13 Connaught Place
- 14 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 Nepal- recipe?
- 17 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 18 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 19 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 20 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 21 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 22 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 23 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 24 My SEA trip - photos update
- 25 Air Asia All You Can Fly