I'd like to see Matsumoto Castle and nothing else in Matsumoto, so I do not want to spend the night there. Is 1 hour enough time ,to visit the castle, because that is all the time I would have if I left Shinjuku station at 7:56, arrived in Matsumoto at 10:36 and then made a 2:05 Nohi bus to Takayama which gets in at 4:25. Also, is the bus ride over very windy roads. DH does not do well on those kinds of roads. If we skip Matsumoto we we would travel directly to Takayama from Tokyo. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Travelling Tokyo-Matsumoto-Takayama in one day
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 200cc UTV for teenagers
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 One week in India
- 6 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 7 Travel Within -- The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore
- 8 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 9 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 10 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 11 Castle & King
- 12 North Vietnam Again!
- 13 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 14 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 17 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 18 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 19 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 20 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 21 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 22 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 23 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 24 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 25 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?