I'd like to see Matsumoto Castle and nothing else in Matsumoto, so I do not want to spend the night there. Is 1 hour enough time ,to visit the castle, because that is all the time I would have if I left Shinjuku station at 7:56, arrived in Matsumoto at 10:36 and then made a 2:05 Nohi bus to Takayama which gets in at 4:25. Also, is the bus ride over very windy roads. DH does not do well on those kinds of roads. If we skip Matsumoto we we would travel directly to Takayama from Tokyo. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Travelling Tokyo-Matsumoto-Takayama in one day
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buying Insurance for Motorcycle Tours in Vietnam???
- 2 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 3 Snow Monkeys in Japan
- 4 Hakone - where to stay for two nights
- 5 Adelphi Suites
- 6 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 7 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 8 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 9 Clothing needs
- 10 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 11 Nancy Chandler maps
- 12 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 13 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 14 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 15 Help re. Visa.
- 16 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 17 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 18 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 19 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 20 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 21 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 22 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 23 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 24 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 25 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?