My friend and I are planning a 3 week trip to Thailand this mid-June-July.
I need some help/advice from those of you that are seasoned Thailand travelers:
-Approx. how much money do you think we'd each need for 3 weeks accommodation (mid-level)/food/fun (tours, spending money). I understand that it will be low season this time of year....
-Should I book all of our hotel stays and train tickets in advance? Or is this something I can do once we arrive?
-We are flying into Bangkok and plan to spend a couple nights there ---any MUST SEE activities? We definitely want to check out the river market, eat some good food, and hit up some fun bars (at least one night).
-After the first couple nights in bangkok, we are heading to Chiang Mai to work at an elephant camp. We plan to take the train there, but after a couple days there, we plan head down (yes, all the way down) to southern Thailand to one of the beach towns (likely koh samui, but would like your input/suggestions).
-Should we take the train or fly from Chiang Mai to Southern Thailand? I realize the train may be very slow and take a couple of days. Is it possible to get a cheap plan ticket?
Sorry, so many questions! I have been researching all of this to no end, but I'd prefer to get advice from people who have been there first hand.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : China
- 2 A great trip in India
- 3 Japan GTG, early April
- 4 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 5 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 6 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 7 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 8 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 9 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 10 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 11 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Takayama trail, Japan
- 17 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 18 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 19 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 20 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 21 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 22 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 23 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 24 Visa for India
- 25 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?