i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 2 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 3 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 4 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 5 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 6 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 7 Penang
- 8 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 9 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 10 India
- 11 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 14 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 15 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 16 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 17 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 18 July itinerary in Japan
- 19 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 20 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 21 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 22 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 23 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 24 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 25 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi