i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 2 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 3 traveling from nara to miajima and himeji - help
- 4 Business class on JAL
- 5 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 6 Mumbai and tiger trek
- 7 First Time in Thailand Trip Report - Bangkok & Surin Beach, Phuket
- 8 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 9 Need some planning information for Sri lanka trip
- 10 Sri Lanka itinerary questions and beach resort whale watching
- 11 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 12 What beach to choose?!?!
- 13 Borobudur and Yogyakarta - How long?
- 14 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget
- 15 Private guides & drivers in China
- 16 Dogster: The Great Stumble Forward - India
- 17 My Daughter's 13th Birthday Trip to Tokyo!
- 18 Is the Cable Car to Ngong Ping Village in Hong Kong worth it?
- 19 Transit between International flight and domestic at Narita airport
- 20 Thailand, Myanmar and Cambodia in June
- 21 Traffic in Hanoi
- 22 Beaches a few hours from Bangkok
- 23 Japan Travel - Alone?
- 24 3 day in Hanoi, what’s worth to do?
- 25 4 hour Hong Kong layover
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival