i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Footing on Druk Trek in Bhutan?
- 2 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 3 Krabi? Phuket? Phi Phi?
- 4 Itinerary for 12 days in Burma- help decide
- 5 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 6 Great Wall in a wheelchair
- 7 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 8 15 Days in Japan, Need Help With Last Two
- 9 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 10 Return of tourism to Nepal
- 11 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 12 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 13 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 14 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 15 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 16 Eating in India
- 17 Trekking in India
- 18 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 19 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 20 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 21 Sri Lanka plan
- 22 Vietnam - September 2015
- 23 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 24 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 25 Private guide and driver for India
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival