i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 2 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 3 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 4 Free Tour Guide
- 5 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 6 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 7 India and Nepal 2014
- 8 India and Nepal 2014
- 9 Independent female traveller
- 10 Tour company practices
- 11 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 12 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 13 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 14 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 15 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 16 Help! Which to choose?
- 17 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 18 North Vietnam Again!
- 19 Passport Safety
- 20 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 21 Castle & King
- 22 Mt Aso Eruption
- 23 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 24 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 25 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures