i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 2 "Copying" Favorite Clothes
- 3 Malaysia travel route help!
- 4 Cambodia itinerary advice and luggage storage?
- 5 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 6 Nepal - Lucky Escape!
- 7 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 8 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 9 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 10 Itinerary help for 7 days in Japan
- 11 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 12 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 13 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 14 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 15 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 16 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 17 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 18 best dining in Kyoto
- 19 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 20 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 21 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 22 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 23 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 24 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 25 2-3 days in Georgia