i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 2 Currency in South Korea
- 3 Places to visit in India in October
- 4 Driver in South India
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 7 Craig and Jeane Depart for Australia and Bali
- 8 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 9 Kyushu rail pass
- 10 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 11 6 full days in Yagoon
- 12 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start
- 13 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 14 5 day Bangkok Itinerary?
- 15 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 16 Amphawa Floating Market
- 17 Following Craig & Jeane's lead, I'm heading out. Thailand & Cambodia again.
- 18 Hotel suggestions Haeundae beach area Busan
- 19 Krabi island tours
- 20 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 21 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 22 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 23 Malaysian honeymoon
- 24 itinerary sri lanka please help
- 25 Myanmar itinerary help