i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 3 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 4 Nepal - Trekking Tragedy...
- 5 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 6 Triple Room in Singapore
- 7 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 8 What I like about Mumbai
- 9 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 10 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 11 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 12 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 13 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 14 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 15 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 16 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 17 6 full days in Yagoon
- 18 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 19 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 22 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place
- 23 Veligandu or Six Senses Laamu
- 24 Having doubts with China
- 25 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China