i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 2 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 3 Chengdu and Beijing
- 4 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 5 Southern India here we come
- 6 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 7 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 8 2 months in Indonesia
- 9 Bridge players Beware!!
- 10 a year in burma
- 11 First time to SEA
- 12 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 13 Vaccinations
- 14 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 15 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 16 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 17 Seoul Searching Questions
- 18 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 19 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 20 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 21 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 22 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 23 I miss Mongolia
- 24 HK - affordable "outer" areas for accommodation
- 25 Visa on Arrival
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival