i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 2 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 3 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 4 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 5 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 6 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 7 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 8 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 9 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 10 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 11 November, March, June... Japan?
- 12 Itinerary Help Japan
- 13 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 14 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 15 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 16 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 17 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 18 Silk Road Tour - China
- 19 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 22 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 23 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 24 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 25 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival