i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks itinerary China
- 2 hanoi eats
- 3 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 4 A train ride through Java
- 5 JAPANiCAN.com
- 6 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 7 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 8 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 9 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 10 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 11 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 12 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 13 New Delhi - What to see?
- 14 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 15 Travel in Kyushu.
- 16 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 17 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 18 Bicycle riding required?
- 19 Castle & King tour questions
- 20 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 21 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 22 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 23 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 24 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 25 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival