i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Should I? Solo, male, 52yo, deliberating
- 2 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 3 Chilli Crab - Singapore
- 4 3 Weeks In Bali & Gili Islands HELP
- 5 India in March and April??
- 6 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 7 Bandhavgarh National Park - Garhwal Himalayan Expedition
- 8 Buy Affordable Property in Kanpur From Emerald Gulistan
- 9 a month in india
- 10 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 11 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 12 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 13 India Safari 2017
- 14 Datong in Winter
- 15 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 16 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 17 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 18 haneda hotel
- 19 Rishikesh, India
- 20 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 21 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 22 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 23 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival