i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 3 Japan - spending money?
- 4 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 5 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 6 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 7 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 8 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 9 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 10 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 11 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 12 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 13 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 14 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 15 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 16 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 17 1st Trip to Bali
- 18 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 19 Japan night bus
- 20 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 21 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 22 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 23 Can you bargain tour price?
- 24 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 25 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma