I wanted to gain some advice regarding some travel plans to be put into action in over a years time. It would be great if anyone reading this would kindly help out with your advice.
My plan is to go traveling around parts of South East Asia from between four to six months on an £8000 budget. I aim to do some sight seeing, trips to major cities and trips out into the country side. Albeit the specifics of what I would like to do are not currently in place but that can be built on over the coming months. I will probably end up seeing some of the tourist parts but I want to focus on places where it's off the beaten track.
Ideally I would use the countries transport and hotels/hostels as best I could but may decide to dip into a luxury treat here and there, however I will probably want to keep my costs down.
The countries I intend on visiting are Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Loas. I would like to finish off with going through China's country side and head to Shanghai as it would be nice to go back to a placed I once lived in. If I could aim for China I might be able to take the Trans Siberian to Russia then home to Europe which is a doddle after that
I know Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines are nearby but that is for another trip I am planning later on.
This is my first big travel I will be doing. Travelling alone is not too much of a concern I love the peace and quiet of your own company, especially when it becomes time to relax. However I am happy to meet people along the way and spend time sharing experiences.
I am concerned I maybe naive with my time scale of 4-6 months and that my budget is not as high as some I have discovered when researching travel budgets. The £8000 will consist of transport, accommodation and spending money.
So having read my post I am interested to know what your thoughts are and what advice you may have. If it seems that I have no idea of what I am doing, please say as best to be up front with these things then work on finding out how I could do things better.
Thank you for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo daytrip
- 2 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 3 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 4 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 5 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 11 Impressions of India
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 14 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 15 Taiwan confusion..
- 16 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 17 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 18 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 19 Laos- two weeks in January
- 20 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 21 Visa for India
- 22 Snapshots From Kerala
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Other than Kyoto?
- 25 Japan itinerary advice