I wanted to gain some advice regarding some travel plans to be put into action in over a years time. It would be great if anyone reading this would kindly help out with your advice.
My plan is to go traveling around parts of South East Asia from between four to six months on an £8000 budget. I aim to do some sight seeing, trips to major cities and trips out into the country side. Albeit the specifics of what I would like to do are not currently in place but that can be built on over the coming months. I will probably end up seeing some of the tourist parts but I want to focus on places where it's off the beaten track.
Ideally I would use the countries transport and hotels/hostels as best I could but may decide to dip into a luxury treat here and there, however I will probably want to keep my costs down.
The countries I intend on visiting are Burma, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Loas. I would like to finish off with going through China's country side and head to Shanghai as it would be nice to go back to a placed I once lived in. If I could aim for China I might be able to take the Trans Siberian to Russia then home to Europe which is a doddle after that
I know Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines are nearby but that is for another trip I am planning later on.
This is my first big travel I will be doing. Travelling alone is not too much of a concern I love the peace and quiet of your own company, especially when it becomes time to relax. However I am happy to meet people along the way and spend time sharing experiences.
I am concerned I maybe naive with my time scale of 4-6 months and that my budget is not as high as some I have discovered when researching travel budgets. The £8000 will consist of transport, accommodation and spending money.
So having read my post I am interested to know what your thoughts are and what advice you may have. If it seems that I have no idea of what I am doing, please say as best to be up front with these things then work on finding out how I could do things better.
Thank you for reading.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 2 Japan Rail Pass
- 3 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 4 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 5 Japan for Foodies
- 6 Inquiry : Survey on TripAdvisor Bali Hotels
- 7 11 days in Vietnam - need input on itinerary
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Vietnam 19 day Itinerary
- 10 Bad experience with savaari.com
- 11 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 12 Vietnam Planning
- 13 Backpacking on a budget
- 14 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 One night in Osaka
- 18 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 19 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 20 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 21 Singapore weather in August/September
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 First time going abroad
- 24 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 25 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed