We're going to Myanmar in March '13 and initially planned to travel from Myitkyina via Bhamo to Mandalay by boat. As that part of the country is now off-limits we're looking at travelling north up the Chindwin from Monyma. Has anyone done this trip? We'll be travelling independently, so no guides, etc. I've heard conflicting reports about the permit situation. Also, will the river levels be too low in March.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks, Sarah
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 파워볼사이트추천 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 3 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 4 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 5 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 6 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 9 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 10 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 13 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 14 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 15 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 16 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 17 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 18 November, March, June... Japan?
- 19 Itinerary Help Japan
- 20 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 21 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 22 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 23 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 24 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 25 Silk Road Tour - China