We're going to Myanmar in March '13 and initially planned to travel from Myitkyina via Bhamo to Mandalay by boat. As that part of the country is now off-limits we're looking at travelling north up the Chindwin from Monyma. Has anyone done this trip? We'll be travelling independently, so no guides, etc. I've heard conflicting reports about the permit situation. Also, will the river levels be too low in March.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks, Sarah
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi private guide
- 2 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 3 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 4 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 5 Thai Elephants
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Mumbai short visit
- 8 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 9 Phuket Beaches
- 10 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 11 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 14 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 15 Japan Itinerary!
- 16 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 17 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 18 Thailand Guides
- 19 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 20 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 21 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 22 India itinerary critique please
- 23 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 24 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 25 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India