We're going to Myanmar in March '13 and initially planned to travel from Myitkyina via Bhamo to Mandalay by boat. As that part of the country is now off-limits we're looking at travelling north up the Chindwin from Monyma. Has anyone done this trip? We'll be travelling independently, so no guides, etc. I've heard conflicting reports about the permit situation. Also, will the river levels be too low in March.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks, Sarah
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthflyup.com/skin-opulent/
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 4 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 5 Travel India solo
- 6 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 7 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 8 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 9 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 10 Being customs
- 11 Road Scholar tour in China
- 12 myanmar
- 13 Tips in Myanmar
- 14 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 15 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 16 A beach of choice on Samui
- 17 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 18 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 19 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 20 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 21 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 22 Busan Central Bus Terminal
- 23 2 months in Taiwan - relaxing & hassle-free breaks in/out of the country?
- 24 Osaka, aquarium?
- 25 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?