Me and my partner are planning for 6 months round Asia, with 2 months ideally in Indonesia.
Its all very estimate at the minute as we realistically cant afford it until 2014 - so if you cant help us at this stage I understand.
So far based on flight costs with the countries we want to see we'll fly in to Java from Japan and back out from Java to Vietnam.
So my questions are (and quite vague I apologise):
- How safe is Indonesia in general? Theft/violence/illness etc... We're new to travelling and still quite naive to be honest...
- Whats the accommodation like in general? (We're thinking either cheaper hotels or more expensive hostels, we'd really like private rooms for most of it)
- Does it tend to be cheap like Thailand or expensive like Japan? (Our Japan leg so far is costing a lot!)
- Where to go and where not to go (interested in culture- shrines and temples etc, nature- trekking etc, beaches, scuba diving and shopping. Not big drinkers really, going more for a different way of life than to drink and party! I'm a divemaster in the UK so really interested in what Indonesia has to offer in diving/snorkelling.
- How easy/cheap/comfortable it is to travel within Indonesia
- And how easy/expensive is it to obtain the required visas?
We'll be really out of our comfort zone as we're used to our lovely little flat, nice car, easy life - but we're bored and what adventure! Its going to be a shock....
Any advice or past itineraries/tours you've done that you think may be of interest would be great - I've planned Japan quite well, but I'm struggling with where to start with Indonesia!
Thanks a bunch!
P.S. I've kinda put together the below as a rough itinerary based on the cheapest flights. Just so if you see a ridiculous looking itinerary you can tell me
I know I may be going back and forth a bit but getting rough prices (based on this year however) this seems to be the cheapest. See what you think anyway
UK - JAPAN - INDONESIA - VIETNAM - PHILLIPINES - SINGAPORE - MALAYSIA -(Maybe Cambodia?)- THAILAND - UK
Travelling Indonesia for 2 months - HELP with itinerary!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 2 One week in Thailand
- 3 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 4 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 5 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 6 India and Nepal 2014
- 7 Independent female traveller
- 8 Tour company practices
- 9 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 10 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 11 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 12 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 13 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 14 Help! Which to choose?
- 15 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 16 North Vietnam Again!
- 17 Passport Safety
- 18 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Castle & King
- 21 Mt Aso Eruption
- 22 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 23 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 24 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 25 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing