Me and my partner are planning for 6 months round Asia, with 2 months ideally in Indonesia.
Its all very estimate at the minute as we realistically cant afford it until 2014 - so if you cant help us at this stage I understand.
So far based on flight costs with the countries we want to see we'll fly in to Java from Japan and back out from Java to Vietnam.
So my questions are (and quite vague I apologise):
- How safe is Indonesia in general? Theft/violence/illness etc... We're new to travelling and still quite naive to be honest...
- Whats the accommodation like in general? (We're thinking either cheaper hotels or more expensive hostels, we'd really like private rooms for most of it)
- Does it tend to be cheap like Thailand or expensive like Japan? (Our Japan leg so far is costing a lot!)
- Where to go and where not to go (interested in culture- shrines and temples etc, nature- trekking etc, beaches, scuba diving and shopping. Not big drinkers really, going more for a different way of life than to drink and party! I'm a divemaster in the UK so really interested in what Indonesia has to offer in diving/snorkelling.
- How easy/cheap/comfortable it is to travel within Indonesia
- And how easy/expensive is it to obtain the required visas?
We'll be really out of our comfort zone as we're used to our lovely little flat, nice car, easy life - but we're bored and what adventure! Its going to be a shock....
Any advice or past itineraries/tours you've done that you think may be of interest would be great - I've planned Japan quite well, but I'm struggling with where to start with Indonesia!
Thanks a bunch!
P.S. I've kinda put together the below as a rough itinerary based on the cheapest flights. Just so if you see a ridiculous looking itinerary you can tell me
I know I may be going back and forth a bit but getting rough prices (based on this year however) this seems to be the cheapest. See what you think anyway
UK - JAPAN - INDONESIA - VIETNAM - PHILLIPINES - SINGAPORE - MALAYSIA -(Maybe Cambodia?)- THAILAND - UK
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 For: Crellston
- 2 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 My visit to Thailand
- 5 Snapshots From Kerala
- 6 India Trip Report
- 7 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 8 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 9 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 10 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 11 My visit to Cambodia
- 12 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 13 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 14 New Member
- 15 Bangkok in April?!?
- 16 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 17 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 18 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 19 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 20 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 21 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 22 My visit to Vietnam
- 23 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 25 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan