I am hoping people on this forum can help with our trip planning. We are travelling to China this year, flying into Chengdu on 2nd July & flying out from Hangzhou on 15th August, giving us 6 weeks. We have previously traveled SE Asia for 3 months & also India & Nepal for 3 months, both done independently on trains & buses.The SE Asia trip, 3 weeks was planned & the rest was just as we went while the India part of our trip was all pre-planned & Nepal was just as we went, so we don't mind a mixture of both.
We are hoping to do the same in China but are a little concerned as it will be during the summer holiday period. Our main concern is whether we will need to pre-book our trains & hotels & if so how far in advance would people recommend. We will have a few days in Chengdu when we first arrive & will then take 2 weeks to travel by bus up to Xining
The trains we will be taking are
Xining to Xi'an hopefully a hard sleeper
Xi'an to Pingyao probably a day train
Pingyao to Datong also a day train
Beijing to Shanghai bullet train
We will have a couple of days in each place before leaving again so will it be feasible to book when we first arrive at that city?
With our hotels, can we have a few target hotels & just rock up ? Will that work at this time of year?
Many thanks for any help.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 무료야마토 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.c o m＂】
- 2 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 3 무료손오공 ▶ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 4 50th Anniversary trip
- 5 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 6 currency conversion
- 7 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 8 Help - India take 2
- 9 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 10 CNX late arrival?
- 11 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 12 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 15 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 18 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 19 is this a good travel plan?
- 20 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 21 Phenom Penh
- 22 Vientiane Private Tour Guide suggestions?
- 23 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 24 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 25 One day in Saigon