Hey All, Ive been thinking of spending a month this summer traveling in SEA with my husband and four young kids. We've done this sort of thing before, spent a month in ALaska last year and in Italy the summer before. We always find it challenging, amazing and totally rewarding traveling with the kids (also I cant wait til they grow up to see the world). This summer my husband has work in Hong Kong in July so we thought we'd start there and then head to Bali for a few weeks. We really like to get to know new cultures and walk around amazing cities and enjoy nature. Basically we are game for anything. Was wondering if anyone knew of any great villas or houses we could rent while in Bali. Also should we be going to mainland China being that we are so close and if so where and for how long? Also Ive been reading all of your blogs and it seems like breaking the Bali trip in two, the beach and Ubud is what you all suggest. Anyone have any kid friendly activities or suggestions that cant be missed? also we are vegetarians, will we have anywhere to eat while we are away?
traveling with kids to Hong Kong and Bali
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 introduce myself
- 4 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 5 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 6 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 7 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 8 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 9 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 10 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 11 independent travel in India
- 12 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 13 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 14 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 15 Magical India
- 16 geisha performance
- 17 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 18 Trip report China
- 19 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 20 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 21 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 22 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 23 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 24 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 25 Myanmar and Mt Popa