My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 2 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 3 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 4 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 5 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 6 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 7 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 8 Destination Bangkok, again
- 9 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 10 Travel during China national week?
- 11 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 12 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 13 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 14 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 15 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 16 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 17 Angkor - when to go?
- 18 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 19 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 20 India with 4 kids
- 21 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 22 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 23 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 24 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 25 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India