My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 2 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 3 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 4 Touristic places in India you wouldn't like to visit
- 5 Ideal itereneray for Nepal
- 6 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 7 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 8 First trip-India--12 days including to/from and 3 day conference
- 9 India International Tour Companies recommended
- 10 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 11 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 12 meeting at beijing airport
- 13 One week in Tokyo
- 14 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 15 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 16 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 17 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 19 Hotel in Singapore
- 20 Any new BKK hotels or with new mgt. worth checking on?
- 21 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 22 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 23 Bali - January 2015
- 24 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 25 Visa Cambodia