My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks - Japan, China, Taiwan?
- 2 One Month in Vietnam January 2012 - Car and Driver
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 4 days hiking in Guilin,China
- 7 Vietnam and coffee
- 8 I'm going to Japan!
- 9 Malaria
- 10 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 15 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Cherry blossom
- 18 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 19 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 20 How safe is Delhi/India
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?