My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 2 Dread long flights USA to/from BKK
- 3 Interesting WSJ Article re: Japanese Aversions to Perfumes
- 4 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 5 Malaysia and Thailand 2013 travelogues
- 6 Feng Pao Fireworks Festival in Yanshui, Tainan?
- 7 SINGAPORE OR CAMBODIA??? (April Honeymoon)
- 8 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 9 independent travel in India
- 10 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 11 Ratings of kaiseki meals at ryokans in Japan?
- 12 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 13 Magical India
- 14 geisha performance
- 15 Tibet and Nepal in 2 weeks?
- 16 Trip report China
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 19 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 20 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 21 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 22 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 23 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 24 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 25 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!