My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 2 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 3 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 4 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 8 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 9 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 10 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 11 1st time Japan - solo female
- 12 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 13 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 14 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 15 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 16 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 17 Odyssey unlimited
- 18 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 19 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 20 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 21 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 22 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 23 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 24 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 25 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February