My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 2 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 3 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 4 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 9 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 10 vietnam and laos
- 11 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 12 Connaught Place
- 13 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 14 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 15 My SEA trip - photos update
- 16 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 17 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 19 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 20 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 21 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 22 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 23 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 24 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 25 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia