My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand for 2 weeks January 2016
- 2 Thailand Itinerary Rough Plan
- 3 Malaysia travel route help!
- 4 Seeking itinerary advice - 14 days in Japan in November
- 5 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 6 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 7 On the Road in Beautiful Sri Lanka
- 8 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 9 help with planning a trip to Vietnam
- 10 Tokyo: Belated Trip Report
- 11 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 12 best dining in Kyoto
- 13 Haridwar or Rishikesh?
- 14 Tokyo Sumo and Baseball
- 15 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 16 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 17 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 18 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 19 2-3 days in Georgia
- 20 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 21 Need advice on where to stay in Kyoto - Machiya vs Hotel?
- 22 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 23 Travel Insurance
- 24 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 25 July 2008 in India: a slightly odd trip report