My wife and I will be traveling to India at the end of December and she is a type 2 diabetic. We were wondering if any other type 2 diabetics out there could share some of their survival trips for traveling internationally, particularly in Asia. We haven't had much trouble before in Europe, but in India my wife will have to forgo cold food such as salads. Everything will have to be hot but the sauces in Indian cooking might often be too carb-laden for her. We also plan on taking snacks with us, such as beef jerky and nuts, but any other ideas for food items that travel well? Any freeze dried foods that are carb-friendly and that you can take with you? Any tips would be welcome. Thanks.
Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 3 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 4 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 5 April in Bangkok, again!
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 8 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 9 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 10 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 11 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 12 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 13 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 14 How safe is Delhi/India
- 15 Malaria
- 16 Vietnam and coffee
- 17 I'm going to Japan!
- 18 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 19 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 20 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 21 Cherry blossom
- 22 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 23 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 24 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 25 Which Putu in Bali????