So, a question:
How do you deal with the push and pull of traveling life? I ask because I am a former flight attendant. On that "plane" I was always going going going, and just wanted to stay home. Now, I work at a college, and enjoy it immensely. Finding Fodors, I feel like I want to travel again. How do YOU balance the 'be at home' vs the 'let's go traveling' mentalities?
We are going on a trip in 1 week. Had to find dog sitters and house sitters, which before I didn't have as an issue. I'm divided. I enjoy traveling, but not all of the time. I enjoy being home, but not all of the time. (No one in my office can fathom this)
Traveling and domesticating
So, a question:
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 2 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 3 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 4 Japan Itinerary for May
- 5 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 6 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 7 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 8 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 9 South Korea 5 days
- 10 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 11 Thai island escape
- 12 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 13 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 14 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 15 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 16 Phuket Hotel
- 17 General question
- 18 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 19 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 20 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 21 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 22 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 23 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 24 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 25 Delving into Kyushu, plus Osaka, Kyoto, Kurashiki, and Tokyo