I would really appreciate any comment or suggestion about the planning for my trip to Thailandia in November. It's the first time that we visit Asia and we are very exiting with the travel. I will go with my girlfriend 16 days, including flights. We already have the international flights from Spain to Bangkok (800€, around 1000$ each), but anything else booked yet so we are open to any suggestion.
We would like to see Bangkok, Angkor Wat, Chiang Mai, and some islands in the south. Our budget it's around 2000€ each ( 2600$)
The planning (that I hope to improve with your comments!) it's the following:
Day 1 – Flying
Day 2 – Arrive at Bangkok at 18.05
Day 3 – Day in Bangkok
Day 4 – Day in Bangkok ( maybe visit Ayutthaya? or better remain in BKK?)
Day 5 – Fly to Siem Reap. Arrive at 11.30 and visit to Angkor Wat
Day 6 – Day in Angkor Wat
Day 7 – Fly to Chiang Mai. Arrive at 17.00
Day 8 – Chiang Mai, visit the city and temples
Day 9 – Trekking of 2 days, 1 night
Day 10 – Continuing the treeking. Afternoon in Chiang Mai
Day 11 – Fly to Kravi or Phuket (it depends on the price of the flights). Travel to Ko Lanta
Day 12 – Ko Lanta.
Day 13 - Ko Lanta.
Day – Ko Lanta
Day 15 - Fly to Bangkok, arrive there around 14.00. Afternoon in Bangkok until 22.00 (our flight departs at 01.05)
Day 16 – Fly back home (with a 9 hours scale in Dubai and fast visit)
Our main doubts are the following:
1. First of all ... what do you thing of this planning in general? Could it be ok?
2. I know that we would need more time in Angkor Wat, at least 3 days, but, will we have enought time to have a general impresion about it? Does it worth it to go there only for 1 and a half day?
3. Does the 2 days treeking in Chiang Mai worth it? Or would it better to sacrify it and spend one more day in Angkor?
4. In the south I’m thinking on Ko Lanta, but I’m not sure, do you think it’s a good option? We would like some relax and also to make some excursions, snorkel, etc.
5. Which excursions would you recomend there?
A lot of things .. Sorry if this post it's too long or my english it's no perfect ... Any suggestions will be wellcome!
Kind Regards from Spain!!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 2 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 3 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 4 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 5 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 8 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 9 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 10 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 11 India Tour Companies
- 12 Vietnam Dong
- 13 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 14 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 15 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 16 New Years in Japan
- 17 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 18 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 19 Touristy Thailand
- 20 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 21 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 22 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 25 A Victory Day Tour