My DH and I like to travel in the off-season because it's somewhat quieter and less expensive. We're planning our first visit to Japan. We've got 3 weeks and would like to divide our time between the Kyoto area and the Japanese Alps. We originally wanted to travel either this Oct/Nov or in March/April of next year. But as I research the trip, mainly on this wonderful forum, it seems like we'll be caught in either fall foliage season or cherry blossoms and school vacation time. Are these months generally considered high, mediium or low season? Can anyone suggest an optimal 3 week period in the fall or spring? Of course, we're so excited to go that we we'll cope with crowds and expense and love every minute!
Travel to Japan in the off-season - early spring or late fall?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 2 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 My SEA trip - photos update
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 11 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 12 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 13 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 14 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 15 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 16 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 17 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 18 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 19 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 20 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 21 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 22 Connaught Place
- 23 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary