My DH and I like to travel in the off-season because it's somewhat quieter and less expensive. We're planning our first visit to Japan. We've got 3 weeks and would like to divide our time between the Kyoto area and the Japanese Alps. We originally wanted to travel either this Oct/Nov or in March/April of next year. But as I research the trip, mainly on this wonderful forum, it seems like we'll be caught in either fall foliage season or cherry blossoms and school vacation time. Are these months generally considered high, mediium or low season? Can anyone suggest an optimal 3 week period in the fall or spring? Of course, we're so excited to go that we we'll cope with crowds and expense and love every minute!
Travel to Japan in the off-season - early spring or late fall?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 2 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 3 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 7 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 8 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 9 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 10 Cherry blossom
- 11 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 12 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 13 How safe is Delhi/India
- 14 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 15 Which Putu in Bali????
- 16 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 17 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 18 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?
- 19 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 20 Malaysia in September
- 21 Trip Report: Malaysian Borneo and Singapore
- 22 Asiana lounge in Seoul
- 23 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 24 Bangkok, Penang and Chiang Mai - Kathie's 2006 Trip Report
- 25 Overwhelmed by info...First time in Philippines...What Island