Dear Travel Wizards,
In June, I'm taking a six-week trip with my wife through various parts of Asia. I would love your thoughts on my draft itinerary. Have I picked compelling destinations? Am I allocating sufficient time to them? Are there other destinations you would recommend instead?
We are New Yorkers in our mid-thirties, and we particularly love strolling through charming small towns and cultural-rich cities and viewing dramatic natural beauty and quiet countryside. We often prefer feeling immersed in a destination by (trying) to follow in locals' footsteps, rather than visiting a series of specific sites. We also appreciate a balance between active exploring and inactive relaxing.
Here is the tentative itinerary:
3 nights Tokyo
3 nights Kyoto
3 nights Hanoi
2 nights Halong Bay cruise (Au Co)
3 nights Hoi An
3 nights Siem Reap
4 nights Luang Prabang
2 nights Elephant Conservation Center (Sayaboury)
3 nights Vang Vieng
4 nights Ubud
2 nights Sidemen
2 nights Bingin/Dreamland
3 nights Dambulla (Kandalama Hotel)
1 night Kandy
2 nights Ella in Hill Country (by train)
2 nights Galle
I am sure many will think this itinerary is rushed. But unfortunately, I won't be able to return to the region for quite some time, and would love to see these destinations.
Thank you so much for your thoughts and insights! It is very generous of you to take the time to provide them.
Travel Oracles: Please Comment on My 6-week Asia Itinerary
Dear Travel Wizards,
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 marijuana,Ivory wave,Hashes & Edibles(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 3 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 4 beaches in Thailand
- 5 A little help with my Burma plan..
- 6 Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore
- 7 Kyushu rail pass
- 8 Staying 3 nights in Jaisalmer, what attractions we should see
- 9 Ryoken recommendation pls either in Tokyo;Hiroshima;Kyoto?
- 10 6 full days in Yagoon
- 11 Juphal and dunai help needed
- 12 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 13 Feedback on Thailand/SE Asia initial itinerary w/ kids
- 14 My SEA trip : 2 months
- 15 Travel & leisure reports Burma as one of most dangerous countries to visit
- 16 Hong Kong Island Hotels - Far From Central
- 17 2 Weeks Thailand Honeymoon
- 18 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 19 A question concerning Sri Lanka's rainfall in Jan.
- 20 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 21 Currency in South Korea
- 22 Tipping in Japan
- 23 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 24 Places to visit in India in October
- 25 Flying back and forth between Vietnam and Cambodia: where to start