This is a followup to my other post regarding the protests and buying travel insurance. I've called a few travel insurance companies today and they pretty much universally said that protests (including the protests that shut down the BKK airport last year) are considered "civil unrest" and not covered under a travel insurance policy. Can anyone recommend a reputable company that does not exclude civil unrest under their insurance policies? Thanks!
Travel insurance that covers "civil unrest"?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 2 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 3 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 4 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 5 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 6 Japan Itinerary for May
- 7 South Korea 5 days
- 8 Japan -OAT tour
- 9 Thai island escape
- 10 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 11 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 12 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 13 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 14 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 15 General question
- 16 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 17 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 18 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 19 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 20 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 21 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals
- 22 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 23 Bout Phi Phi to Phuket
- 24 Phuket Hotel
- 25 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA