Need your guidance and help for our upcoming free/easy Kyushu trip in December 2015.
This is our 1st trip to Japan where we will be wandering around Kyushu on our own.
Intend to make it a wonderful trip for my family so will need advise from you guys.
We (me, wife, my mum, 11 yrs old daugther and my mum + my friend with his 9 yrs old daughter), will be arriving Fukuoka on 3rd Dec morning and leaving on 12 Dec morning.
My Sis is staying in Fukuoka, so our plan is to stay in Fukuoka on the 1st day (3rd Dec). Mum won't be travelling together with us around Kyushu as she's can't walk too far, will be staying in Fukuoka with my Sis. Though Sis is staying in Fukuoka, but she's not well verse around Kyushu, as her family don't travel much, appreciate that you guys can guide us along on this.
3rd Dec >>
4th to 8th Dec >>
Planning to start our trip to:
i) Kumamoto (1 day trip)
ii) Yufuin (stay in Onsen hotel 1 night)
iii) Takachino (1 day)
iv) Aso (1 day)
9th to 12th Dec >>
Spend time with Sis & her family and wander around in Fukuoka
I need your help on itinerary from 4th to 8th Dec:
i) Base on the places we select, which prefecture should we start 1st, to ensure smooth journey and also to save time?
Whether is it Fukuoka > Yufuin > Kumamoto > Takachino > Aso > Fukuoka
Fukuoka > Kumamoto > Takachino > Yufuin > Fukuoka?
ii) We intend to purchase Kyushu Rail pass (3/5 days, Northern area) for this trip, understand that the Northern area pass doesn't cover Takachino, wondering is it advisable to rent a car on that day or should we take bus to Takachino? Any suggestion on where to rent car or where to take bus to Takachino?
iii) Beside staying one night in Yufuin Onsen hotel, will you suggest to stay 1 more night in maybe Kumamoto to make the travelling time to other prefecture easier & smoother?
iv) Is there any farm-stay in Aso to recommend? Or any fruits picking farm that we can go?
Thanks and Hope to hear from you soon.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RICOH PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT RICOH Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Buying jewelry in India
- 3 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 4 travel in Vietnam for for Hong Kong citizens
- 5 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 6 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 7 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 8 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 9 Hotel in Hanoi
- 10 Trekking outside Sapa
- 11 Hoi Ann hotel
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 14 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 17 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Go to Pai or not?
- 20 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 21 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 22 Thai Island Itinerary
- 23 Thailand
- 24 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 25 Asian Pillows