I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Travel guides/agents for planning Indonesia trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 2 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 3 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 4 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 5 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 6 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 7 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 8 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 9 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 10 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 11 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 12 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 13 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 14 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 15 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 16 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 17 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 18 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 19 Kashmir today
- 20 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 21 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 22 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 23 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 24 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 25 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala