I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan then Bali - Where to Fly In & Out?
- 2 Advice on itinerary Japan 12 nights
- 3 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 4 Transportation to mt koya-san from Osaka
- 5 Jaisalmer or Ranthambore Nat'l Park
- 6 Tokyo and Kyoto in one week
- 7 Hike to summit of Mount Kinabalu
- 8 Clean hotel near BKK for early flight
- 9 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 10 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 11 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 12 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 13 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 14 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 15 rkkwan's Nepal trip Sept 2016 - Annapurna Base Camp (and more)
- 16 Japan in February
- 17 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 18 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 19 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 20 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 21 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 22 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 23 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 24 Phuket
- 25 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?