I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 2 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 3 GETTING A CHINESE VISA--PERFECTION REQUIRED
- 4 India 1st Time Itinerary Revised - HELP!
- 5 Choosing destination while travelling with infant
- 6 New Travelor
- 7 Honeymoon in Bali
- 8 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 9 Beautiful location for painting
- 10 ASK FOR CHOOSING RESORT IN NHA TRANG, VIETNAM
- 11 The Lost Frescos of Rajasthan
- 12 India E Tourist Visa
- 13 2 Week Honeymoon in Singapore and Indonesia
- 14 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 15 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 16 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017
- 17 Honeymoon in Thailan
- 18 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 19 Train Travel in Thailand
- 20 base in Osaka or Kyoto question
- 21 Phillipines - Tour Companies
- 22 Phuket
- 23 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 24 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 25 Planning first India trip: Advice needed!!