I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 2 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 3 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 4 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 5 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 6 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 7 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 8 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 9 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 10 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 13 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 14 An island paradise?
- 15 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 16 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 17 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 18 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 19 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
- 20 Japan - first timer - itinerary help please!
- 21 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 22 Has anyone used Sanctuary Ananda to cruise in Burma?
- 23 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 24 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 25 Spontaneous trip to Japan