I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 2 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 3 where to stay in Bali
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 6 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 7 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 8 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 9 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 10 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 11 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 12 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 13 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 15 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 16 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Totally unprepared
- 19 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 20 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 21 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 22 An island paradise?
- 23 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 24 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 25 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala