I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Anybody would like to visit AAA 2018 with me?
- 2 Thai Elephants
- 3 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 4 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 5 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 6 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 7 Luggage size China ?
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 Sri Lanka in August
- 10 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 11 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 12 India itinerary critique please
- 13 Japan/Korea/HK
- 14 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 12 days in Vietnam Jan/Feb
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Impressions of India
- 21 Solo female traveller Mumbai, safe?
- 22 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 23 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 24 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 25 2 weeks in Vietnam