I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 2 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 3 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 4 2 weeks in Java
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 7 Italy from an Asian base
- 8 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 9 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 10 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 11 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 12 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 13 My new 10 year china visa
- 14 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 15 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 16 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 17 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 18 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 19 Update on riding elephants
- 20 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 21 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 22 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 23 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 24 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 25 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?