I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 2 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 3 Thailand and Myanmar-Hot Hot Hot!
- 4 First trip to Japan
- 5 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 6 All about food!!
- 7 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 8 Northern India in June
- 9 The selection of real women was pretty good
- 10 Tauck or Abercrombie and Kent or Louise Nicholson
- 11 Hakone Free Pass
- 12 8.5 Days in India - Insane?
- 13 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 14 OAT trip to India
- 15 Thailand Itinerary...which order?
- 16 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 17 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 18 Castle & King tour operator review
- 19 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 20 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 21 What beach to choose?!?!
- 22 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 23 Singapore or Bali
- 24 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 25 Driver recommendation in Bali