I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 2 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 3 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 4 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 5 Halong Bay cruise
- 6 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 7 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 8 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 9 Is this crazy?
- 10 In Seoul for one day
- 11 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 12 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 13 India help with where to go
- 14 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 15 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 16 Taxis in Yangon
- 17 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 18 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 19 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 20 Shanghai Tailor?
- 21 Best of Koh Tao
- 22 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part One
- 23 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 24 Studying yoga in India
- 25 Please help with my itinerary for Japan, Part Two (more difficult)