I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Travel guides/agents for planning Indonesia trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 2 Connaught Place
- 3 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 4 My SEA trip - photos update
- 5 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 6 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 7 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 8 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 9 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 10 vietnam and laos
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 13 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 14 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 15 Is 5 nights in Lombok too much? Which room at Quinci Pool Villas!
- 16 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 17 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 18 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 19 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 20 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 21 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 22 1 week in Southeast Asia
- 23 Drink Rec for Sri Lankan Food
- 24 Jewelry shopping in Bangkok
- 25 Great place for a honeymoon destination?