I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Travel guides/agents for planning Indonesia trip?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Traveling to Burma in April
- 2 Myanmar suspends the work of Doctors without Borders
- 3 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 4 Winning Valentine's Day -- and the entire month, for that matter, in INDIA
- 5 Bangkok Airport Taxi
- 6 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 7 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 8 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 9 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 10 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 11 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 12 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 13 JAVA & GILI ISLANDS: Trip Recap + Tips
- 14 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 15 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 16 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 17 Please help me find Cherry in Bangkok
- 18 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 19 First time to srilanka
- 20 Nepal
- 21 Ubud Travelogue (part of 3 1/2 weeks in Bali with our 1-yr-old)
- 22 Beach Hotels
- 23 Ubud Tips
- 24 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 25 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong