SIMPLE GUIDELINES TO TRAVEL BY BUS
You can also read our blog for comprehensive report and photo guides: http://thatswanderful.com/travel-guide-bangkok-tofrom-siem-reap-by-bus/
TRAVEL TIME: 8 HOURS …or even probably more! Bangkok to Aranyaprathet (Thailand) is around 4 hours, crossing the border is about 1-2 hours depending on the pace of your co-passengers in the Immigration; Poipet (Cambodia) to Siem Reap is around 3 hours. Bring a lot of patience (as we all know you’re excited too) and personal entertainment to keep you sane the whole journey!
BUS STATION: MO CHIT 2 BUS TERMINAL (NEAR CHATUCHAK). You need to take a taxi that costs around 60-80 Baht (2-2.50USD) from/to Mo Chit BTS Station. The bus station has plenty of food stalls and convenient stores so you wouldn’t have to worry if you forgot to bring food or toiletries.
BUS SCHEDULES: 8AM & 9AM ONLY. If you cannot work around those times, you may opt to try the travel agencies in Khao San Road Area.
WHERE TO BUY TICKETS: AT THE TERMINAL OR ONLINE. You could buy your ticket at the bus station for 750 Baht (21 USD) or online for 750 Baht with Service and Convenience Fee of 43 Baht (1.20USD). We booked online* and had our vouchers exchanged for the actual tickets at the Thai Ticket Major booth near the main entrance inside the terminal.
*Buying your ticket online would save you time, money and anxiety. If you buy your ticket at the station a day before, you will have to take the BTS and taxi twice that adds up to the ticket price you paid. If you buy your ticket at the station on the day itself, you will have to risk not securing a ticket on your preferred schedule (but be sure to get there at least at 7AM if you are willing to risk).
BOARDING TIME: 15 MINUTES BEFORE DEPARTURE. Bring a lot of patience (and buy food) in the terminal in case you get there too early.
BUS CONDITION: Seats were comfortable and had ample leg room, air-condition was fine and toilet was a bit cramped (and sometimes funky but bearable).
FOOD: LIGHT SNACK AND LIGHT LUNCH. The light snack consists of cupcake, pastry and juice, serve upon leaving the bus terminal. The light lunch consists of fried rice and water, serve before reaching the border. However, everything was served in modest (kiddie meal portion) so we had to buy food at the border (Poipet).
DROP OFF POINT: NATTAKAN TRANSPORT OFFICE. The office is just beside the KFC in Siem Reap Town Center. There are a mob of Tuktuk drivers who will assist you to your accommodation, free of charge.
Once you arrive at your accommodation, the tuktuk driver will politely offer his tour/temple hopping service for a reasonable price, which you may opt to decline. We accepted the offer of our tuktuk driver Dara since he was accommodating and the Small Circuit Tour was in standard price at 20USD.
Don't forget to read our blog for comprehensive trip report of this journey: http://thatswanderful.com/travel-guide-bangkok-tofrom-siem-reap-by-bus/
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 릴게임예시 ◐ 도메인 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 2 바다이야기어플 ※연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 3 바다이야기무료머니 ▶ 홈피:【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 4 다빈치 ■■접_속: pts13.컴 ■■
- 5 무료바다이야기게임 ● 연결 :【＂P T S 2 9.컴＂】
- 6 14 days in Myanmar
- 7 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 8 "necessities" for India
- 9 Short trip to Myanmar
- 10 ATMs in Japan
- 11 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 12 Changing planes at Dubai
- 13 50th Anniversary trip
- 14 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 15 Four Best Sakura Sightseeing Places in Tokyo
- 16 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 17 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 18 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 19 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 20 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 21 Mandalay questions
- 22 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 23 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 24 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 25 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
Travel Guide: Bangkok to Siem Reap by Bus
SIMPLE GUIDELINES TO TRAVEL BY BUS