I want to use my JR pass to travel to Nikko. We will be staying in the Shinjuku area. When i check hyperdia for the scedule, it looks to me that the trains leave from Tokyo station. But when I checked the forum on japan guide, people have said that you can go to Nikko from Shinjuku. Do they mean take a regular train to Tokyo station and swithch to a Nikko bound train. Or is there a train bound for Nikko that leaves from Shinjuku station?
Travel from Shinjuku to Nikko using a JR pass
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel Insurance
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 South East Asia
- 4 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 5 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 6 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 7 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 8 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 9 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 10 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 11 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 12 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 13 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 14 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 15 1 week Philippines
- 16 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 17 Japan: best time to go?
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 20 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 21 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 22 SALAY from BAGAN
- 23 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 24 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 25 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.