I want to use my JR pass to travel to Nikko. We will be staying in the Shinjuku area. When i check hyperdia for the scedule, it looks to me that the trains leave from Tokyo station. But when I checked the forum on japan guide, people have said that you can go to Nikko from Shinjuku. Do they mean take a regular train to Tokyo station and swithch to a Nikko bound train. Or is there a train bound for Nikko that leaves from Shinjuku station?
Travel from Shinjuku to Nikko using a JR pass
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 5 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 6 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 7 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 8 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 9 How safe is Delhi/India
- 10 Malaria
- 11 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 12 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 13 Vietnam and coffee
- 14 I'm going to Japan!
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?