We are looking at booking a tour through China, and the only time I can get off work coincides with China national week in October.
Our tour starts September 29, and is as follows:
Yangshou October 1-3
Yichang October 4-6
Xi'an October 7-9
Shanghai October 10-12
Beijing October 13-17
Does anyone have any experience travelling through these places at this time? The tour agency seemed to think it would be fine because we'll be spending the busiest time period away from Beijing/Shanghai, but I'm not convinced!
Thanks in advance!
Travel during China national week?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 2 Help re. Visa.
- 3 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 4 Bangkok and Manila
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 7 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 8 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 9 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 10 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 11 Visa
- 12 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 13 Gluten free in Japan?
- 14 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 15 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 16 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 17 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 18 Need a guide in Burma?
- 19 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 20 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 21 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 22 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment
- 23 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 24 Vietnam Part 7 - the Final Leg
- 25 End Oct & early Nov a good time for viewing wildlife in Borneo?