I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 2 Hanoi driver wanted
- 3 vietnam and laos
- 4 best time to visit Sri Lanka to avoid rain?
- 5 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 6 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 7 We Did It Our Way--an Unusual 6 Weeks in India & Nepal (long)
- 8 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 9 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 10 Hong Kong Airport Transfer
- 11 MYANMAR- LONELY BIKER LOOKS FOR OTHERS TRAVELLING THERE HALF JANUARY 2015
- 12 Suggestion for travel memories
- 13 First Time Solo Trip To Thailand Itinerary
- 14 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 15 1st time to Southeast Asian January 14 to 31
- 16 Your favorites in south India & places you'd probably not recommend
- 17 Southern India itinerary help needed
- 18 Factory "outlet" stores in Vietnam?
- 19 Missing Air Asia flight
- 20 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 21 5 nights in Japan.
- 22 Delhi this winter, in pictures!
- 23 2nd location on the beach
- 24 Buying loose sapphires in Sri Lanka
- 25 Help: 24 hours to change decision for award flight BKK-SFO