I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 CANON printer 1:888:482:3831 installations CONTACT ☎ CANON TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Trekking outside Sapa
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 6 Hoi Ann hotel
- 7 Place to stay Hue
- 8 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 9 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 10 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 13 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 16 Go to Pai or not?
- 17 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 18 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 19 Thai Island Itinerary
- 20 Thailand
- 21 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 22 Asian Pillows
- 23 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 24 North Korea Day Trip
- 25 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations