I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 2 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 3 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 4 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 5 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 6 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 7 Custom made women's wool slacks in Seoul
- 8 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 9 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 10 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 11 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 12 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 13 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 14 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 15 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 16 Kashmir today
- 17 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 18 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 19 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 20 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 21 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 22 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 23 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 24 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 25 Luang Prabang Waterfall