I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 2 Japan Itinerary for May
- 3 Thai island escape
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 6 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 9 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 10 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals