I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 2 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 3 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 4 E Visa for India?
- 5 1-2 months South East Asia
- 6 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 7 Help - India.
- 8 Kerala trip
- 9 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 10 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 11 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 12 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 13 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 14 Side trips from Taipei
- 15 Georgia and Armenia trip
- 16 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 17 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 18 Bicycling in Vietnam
- 19 Thailand Advice Please
- 20 The Indian money crunch.
- 21 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 22 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 23 Myanmar Itinerary review and advise!
- 24 Nara or Hiroshima?
- 25 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017