I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India in March and April??
- 2 RCity Mall
- 3 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 4 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 5 Rishikesh, India
- 6 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 7 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 8 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 9 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 10 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 13 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 14 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 15 Japan- National Holiday
- 16 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 17 Passport
- 18 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 19 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 20 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 21 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 22 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 23 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 24 Itinerary help - Thailand 9D8N in Nov'16
- 25 Amakusa island help