I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 2 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 3 Is it Lao or Laos
- 4 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Japan itinerary advice
- 7 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 8 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 9 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 10 Trip Report : China
- 11 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 12 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 15 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 18 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 19 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 20 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 21 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 22 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 23 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 24 Beijing tours
- 25 Advice needed from Japan train pros