I'm starting to plan a trip to Japan, and have questions about which international airport(s) to fly in and out of and how to get to various places we have in mind to sightsee.
I have a conference in Kyoto the 3rd week of March, and want to take about a week off to sightsee nearby places. We've been to Kyoto and Nara before, so want to a bit further afield.
* Maybe 2 or 3 days before Kyoto meeting, I'll visit Hiroshima and Miyajima. Best to fly in to Osaka from the US?
* From Hiroshima, take a train to Kyoto? Which train?
* After 1 week in Kyoto, then go to Kyushu island. By train or fly?
* Fly out of Kyushu from Fukuoa?
Please recommend specific places that are particularly scenic and uniquely Japanese. We're interested in nature, onsen, hiking, culture, history.
Thanks all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.garciniacambogialean.com/alpha-male-dynamics
- 2 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 3 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 4 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 5 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 6 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 7 India Tour Companies
- 8 Vietnam Dong
- 9 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 10 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 11 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 12 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 13 3 weeks in Japan
- 14 New Years in Japan
- 15 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 16 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 17 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 18 Touristy Thailand
- 19 Tour company for China and Southeast Asia
- 20 One week in Taiwan (is not enough!)
- 21 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 22 Myanmar tour companies
- 23 Help with 2 week Thailand itinerary
- 24 A Victory Day Tour
- 25 16 hour layover in Indonesia; what to do?