I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Transport for Mandalay-Bagan in August
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 2 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 5 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 8 Problems at 12,000'
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.