I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Driving in Japan
- 2 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 3 Where to go SOLO in (SE. Asia?) june/july (3-4 weeks)? Help me decide
- 4 Hong Kong or Toyko
- 5 Hilton Toyko to Kabukicho ---evening walk??
- 6 5 day rain-free trip in India
- 7 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 8 Wagha Border Ceremony
- 9 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 10 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 11 First time trip to Japan questions
- 12 Laos in the end of June
- 13 Japan & WiFi
- 14 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 15 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 16 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 17 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 18 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 19 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 20 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 21 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 22 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 23 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 24 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 25 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan