I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 4 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 5 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 6 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 7 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 8 Planning my Philippines trip
- 9 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 10 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 13 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 16 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 17 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 18 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 19 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 20 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 November, March, June... Japan?
- 23 Itinerary Help Japan
- 24 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 25 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha