I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China and Japan help
- 2 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 3 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 4 Christmas in Cambodia - where to book??
- 5 Need recommended Tour Companies in Sri Lanka please
- 6 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 7 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 8 5 days in Bali
- 9 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 10 5 weeks in Japan
- 11 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 12 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 13 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 14 Requesting Passport Number
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 17 Eating in India
- 18 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 19 Phu Quoc
- 20 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 21 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 22 Help! India Visa question....
- 23 Singapore hotel
- 24 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 25 Indonesia in February/rainy season