I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Transport for Mandalay-Bagan in August
- 1 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 2 Magical India
- 3 SALAY from BAGAN
- 4 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 5 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 6 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 7 Japan: best time to go?
- 8 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 9 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 10 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 11 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 12 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 13 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 14 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 15 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 16 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 17 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 18 Visit To Goa
- 19 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 20 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 21 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 22 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 23 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 24 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 25 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT