I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 2 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 3 Where to Layover
- 4 9 days in Bali
- 5 4.5 days in Singapore
- 6 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 7 Layover in Hong Kong
- 8 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 9 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 10 Blooming chart in Japan
- 11 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 12 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 13 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 14 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 15 Italy from an Asian base
- 16 Bus service in Nepal
- 17 Travel to India in May?
- 18 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 19 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 20 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 21 Advice for a newbie!
- 22 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 23 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 24 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience