I'm planning a 9 or 10 day trip to Mandalay and Bagan via Yangon. I intend to go to these places as these would be the driest during August. I have some questions.
1. From Mandalay to Bagan, I hope to take a river boat. I'm partial to the slow ferry, but wouldn't like it's uncertainty and likelihood of breaking down. What are the options available in July, and which would you recommend?
2. Depending on what is my exit strategy, I will either travel from Bagan to:
a) Yangon by bus? Is this advisable during the rainy season, safety, prices, night buses?
b) Mandalay by bus?
c) Mandalay by flight? I'm trying to reduce the number of internal flights as they are quite costly.
Thanks in advance for your comments and help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Traveling to Nepal after earthquake
- 5 Bangalore Beautiful Hot Housewife | Bangalore Escorts
- 6 Footwear for Vietnam?
- 7 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 8 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 9 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 10 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 11 Totally unprepared
- 12 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 13 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 14 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 Rental Car Bali
- 17 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 18 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 19 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 22 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 23 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 24 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??