I swear I did my homework on this, but I have never received so many different answers before online and by calling the HK tourist board (which didn’t have an answer for me). I plan on visiting China next month and would like to know whether there exist fast/rapid/bullet trains from Hong Kong to Shanghai. If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Incidentally, here is what I found for Shanghai-Beijing: “After Shanghai, take the daily, 10-hour CHR high speed ‘D’ train to Beijing. You could leave at 10:42am and arrive in Beijing at 8:30pm. Alternatively, you could leave at 9:15pm and arrive in Beijing at 7:30am. Make sure you take a train that offers cabins with beds.” Does that sound right or are their even fast trains? If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Trains Hong Kong-Shanghai-Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 2 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 7 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 8 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 9 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 10 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 11 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 12 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 13 1st time Japan - solo female
- 14 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 15 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 18 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 19 Odyssey unlimited
- 20 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 21 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 22 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 23 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 24 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 25 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong