I swear I did my homework on this, but I have never received so many different answers before online and by calling the HK tourist board (which didn’t have an answer for me). I plan on visiting China next month and would like to know whether there exist fast/rapid/bullet trains from Hong Kong to Shanghai. If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Incidentally, here is what I found for Shanghai-Beijing: “After Shanghai, take the daily, 10-hour CHR high speed ‘D’ train to Beijing. You could leave at 10:42am and arrive in Beijing at 8:30pm. Alternatively, you could leave at 9:15pm and arrive in Beijing at 7:30am. Make sure you take a train that offers cabins with beds.” Does that sound right or are their even fast trains? If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Trains Hong Kong-Shanghai-Beijing
- 1 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 4 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 5 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 6 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 7 Travel Insurance
- 8 Anyone in Bangkok
- 9 South East Asia
- 10 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 11 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 12 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 13 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 14 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 15 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 16 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 17 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 18 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 19 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 22 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 23 1 week Philippines
- 24 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 25 Japan: best time to go?