I swear I did my homework on this, but I have never received so many different answers before online and by calling the HK tourist board (which didn’t have an answer for me). I plan on visiting China next month and would like to know whether there exist fast/rapid/bullet trains from Hong Kong to Shanghai. If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Incidentally, here is what I found for Shanghai-Beijing: “After Shanghai, take the daily, 10-hour CHR high speed ‘D’ train to Beijing. You could leave at 10:42am and arrive in Beijing at 8:30pm. Alternatively, you could leave at 9:15pm and arrive in Beijing at 7:30am. Make sure you take a train that offers cabins with beds.” Does that sound right or are their even fast trains? If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Trains Hong Kong-Shanghai-Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 2 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 3 Japan Itinerary for May
- 4 Thai island escape
- 5 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 6 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 7 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 8 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 9 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 10 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 South Korea 5 days
- 13 Japan -OAT tour
- 14 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 15 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 16 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 17 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 18 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 19 General question
- 20 Train Travel During Golden Week
- 21 Staying in Hong Kong but want to visit Shenzen
- 22 Purchasing a Nozomi train ticket - Tokyo to Kyoto
- 23 Myanmar (Burma) Trip Report
- 24 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 25 Plans changed: 3 weeks two festivals