I swear I did my homework on this, but I have never received so many different answers before online and by calling the HK tourist board (which didn’t have an answer for me). I plan on visiting China next month and would like to know whether there exist fast/rapid/bullet trains from Hong Kong to Shanghai. If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Incidentally, here is what I found for Shanghai-Beijing: “After Shanghai, take the daily, 10-hour CHR high speed ‘D’ train to Beijing. You could leave at 10:42am and arrive in Beijing at 8:30pm. Alternatively, you could leave at 9:15pm and arrive in Beijing at 7:30am. Make sure you take a train that offers cabins with beds.” Does that sound right or are their even fast trains? If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Trains Hong Kong-Shanghai-Beijing
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 2 Problems at 12,000'
- 3 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 4 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 5 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 6 April in Bangkok, again!
- 7 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 8 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 9 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 10 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 15 How safe is Delhi/India
- 16 Malaria
- 17 Vietnam and coffee
- 18 I'm going to Japan!
- 19 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 20 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 21 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 22 Cherry blossom
- 23 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 24 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 25 Shopping in Akhiabara