I swear I did my homework on this, but I have never received so many different answers before online and by calling the HK tourist board (which didn’t have an answer for me). I plan on visiting China next month and would like to know whether there exist fast/rapid/bullet trains from Hong Kong to Shanghai. If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Incidentally, here is what I found for Shanghai-Beijing: “After Shanghai, take the daily, 10-hour CHR high speed ‘D’ train to Beijing. You could leave at 10:42am and arrive in Beijing at 8:30pm. Alternatively, you could leave at 9:15pm and arrive in Beijing at 7:30am. Make sure you take a train that offers cabins with beds.” Does that sound right or are their even fast trains? If so, then how frequent are they and what are their durations?
Trains Hong Kong-Shanghai-Beijing
- 1 taxi from manila airport to makati
- 2 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions
- 3 Mumbai: Oberoi or Four Seasons
- 4 Please help with one month Indonesia itinerary!
- 5 Suggestion on good hotel with kitchenette in Jogjakarta
- 6 Honeymoon in Bali, July 2013
- 7 Searching Flights from JFK to Malaysai, average price range?
- 8 Artinraya travel agancy
- 9 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 10 Saphan Taksin station in the news again?
- 11 Busan cruise terminal to Busan central station
- 12 Shopping- Beijing or Hong Kong?
- 13 India, What Can I Say!
- 14 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 15 hotel for quick stopover in Bali?
- 16 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 17 Do you know this couple? They travel from SE Asia to Chicago Tuesday
- 18 Burma features "Alice in Wonderland"
- 19 Any Recommendations for an Agra Hotel?
- 20 Pushkar Accomodations
- 21 Pushpesh Baid wants suggestions for south India trip
- 22 Conference venues around Pune City?
- 23 Udaipur, India
- 24 Trekking the Annapurna Circuit
- 25 good gift ideas to bring for Chinese colleague