Hello Japan Travel Pros!
Japan trip number 2 is only 3 months away, so I am now beginning to think about logistical questions. Last time we flew in to Haneda, so it was a breeze to just taxi into Tokyo. This time we are flying into and out of Narita, so I have a few questions with which I am hoping you experts can help:
1) I have back and shoulder problems, so I need to avoid having to carry luggage up and down stairs. The Narita Express train from Narita to Tokyo station seems like it would be the fastest and least expensive option (we will have a JR pass), but this is not an option for me unless there are elevators or escalators from the train platform to the Yaesu North exit (from which it is a 3 minute walk to the Hotel Ryumeikan, where we are staying). Can anyone tell me, with a high level of certainty, if I can get from train platform to street via elevator or escalator, without having to climb any stairs?
2) If the train is not possible, then my next logical option is the airport limousine bus, which stops at the Hotel Shangri-la (also about a 3 minute walk from my hotel). Will I need to carry luggage onto the bus myself or will the driver load and unload for the passengers? If not, then I will have to bite the bullet and spring for a taxi.
3) On the return my plan is to send the luggage via Takkybin service to Narita from Kanazawa, and then spend our last 2 nights in Matsumoto with an overnight bag. We will then train to Narita through Tokyo. Has anyone had any experience with shipping luggage to the airport to pick up the day of your departure? If so, is there a minimum time before the flight which I should allow before picking it up? I plan to be at Narita by 3pm for a 5pm flight.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 2 The Indian money crunch.
- 3 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 4 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 5 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 6 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 7 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 8 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 11 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 12 Kerala trip
- 13 E Visa for India?
- 14 1-2 months South East Asia
- 15 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 16 Help - India.
- 17 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 18 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu
- 19 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 20 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 21 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 22 Side trips from Taipei
- 23 Urgent advice appreciated-Myanmar 9 days
- 24 relaxing 5-6 day vacation in sri lanka
- 25 Bicycling in Vietnam
Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
Hello Japan Travel Pros!