Hello Japan Travel Pros!
Japan trip number 2 is only 3 months away, so I am now beginning to think about logistical questions. Last time we flew in to Haneda, so it was a breeze to just taxi into Tokyo. This time we are flying into and out of Narita, so I have a few questions with which I am hoping you experts can help:
1) I have back and shoulder problems, so I need to avoid having to carry luggage up and down stairs. The Narita Express train from Narita to Tokyo station seems like it would be the fastest and least expensive option (we will have a JR pass), but this is not an option for me unless there are elevators or escalators from the train platform to the Yaesu North exit (from which it is a 3 minute walk to the Hotel Ryumeikan, where we are staying). Can anyone tell me, with a high level of certainty, if I can get from train platform to street via elevator or escalator, without having to climb any stairs?
2) If the train is not possible, then my next logical option is the airport limousine bus, which stops at the Hotel Shangri-la (also about a 3 minute walk from my hotel). Will I need to carry luggage onto the bus myself or will the driver load and unload for the passengers? If not, then I will have to bite the bullet and spring for a taxi.
3) On the return my plan is to send the luggage via Takkybin service to Narita from Kanazawa, and then spend our last 2 nights in Matsumoto with an overnight bag. We will then train to Narita through Tokyo. Has anyone had any experience with shipping luggage to the airport to pick up the day of your departure? If so, is there a minimum time before the flight which I should allow before picking it up? I plan to be at Narita by 3pm for a 5pm flight.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 2 Moderate hotel in Phuket
- 3 Private tours in Northern India
- 4 a month in india
- 5 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 6 Free tour in Hanoi with nice local students
- 7 Silk weaving community in Bangkok
- 8 Antiquariat Jaipur | Antique Jewelry Fine Art Company In India
- 9 changing left over currency
- 10 Izu Peninsula: Ito or Izu?
- 11 Alternative to Koyasan
- 12 Itinerary feedback please
- 13 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 14 Thing to do in yogyakarta indonesia
- 15 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 16 Japan, Thailand Itinerary
- 17 Would travelers still be wise to use travel agents for Myanmar?
- 18 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 19 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 20 Getting From Bangkok to Koh Phangan
- 21 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 22 Tokyo hotel help
- 23 Transportation from PVG to Hotel
- 24 IMMUNIZATIONS Needed?? Thailand/Cambodia/Beijing
- 25 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
Hello Japan Travel Pros!