Hello Japan Travel Pros!
Japan trip number 2 is only 3 months away, so I am now beginning to think about logistical questions. Last time we flew in to Haneda, so it was a breeze to just taxi into Tokyo. This time we are flying into and out of Narita, so I have a few questions with which I am hoping you experts can help:
1) I have back and shoulder problems, so I need to avoid having to carry luggage up and down stairs. The Narita Express train from Narita to Tokyo station seems like it would be the fastest and least expensive option (we will have a JR pass), but this is not an option for me unless there are elevators or escalators from the train platform to the Yaesu North exit (from which it is a 3 minute walk to the Hotel Ryumeikan, where we are staying). Can anyone tell me, with a high level of certainty, if I can get from train platform to street via elevator or escalator, without having to climb any stairs?
2) If the train is not possible, then my next logical option is the airport limousine bus, which stops at the Hotel Shangri-la (also about a 3 minute walk from my hotel). Will I need to carry luggage onto the bus myself or will the driver load and unload for the passengers? If not, then I will have to bite the bullet and spring for a taxi.
3) On the return my plan is to send the luggage via Takkybin service to Narita from Kanazawa, and then spend our last 2 nights in Matsumoto with an overnight bag. We will then train to Narita through Tokyo. Has anyone had any experience with shipping luggage to the airport to pick up the day of your departure? If so, is there a minimum time before the flight which I should allow before picking it up? I plan to be at Narita by 3pm for a 5pm flight.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 What channel in the Philippines Offer NBA Live Stream Reddit?
- 2 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 3 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 4 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 5 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 6 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Trekking outside Sapa
- 9 Hoi Ann hotel
- 10 Place to stay Hue
- 11 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 12 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 13 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 14 Water Towns near Shanghai
- 15 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Go to Pai or not?
- 18 Thai Silk in Bangkok
- 19 The Princess Journeys To Sri Lanka and South India
- 20 Thai Island Itinerary
- 21 Thailand
- 22 Aomori to Hirosaki
- 23 Asian Pillows
- 24 Floods in North and Central Vietnam
- 25 North Korea Day Trip
Train vs Bus vs Taxi from Narita to Tokyo/Takkyubin service to Narita
Hello Japan Travel Pros!