We'll be travelling in Japan this November by flying into Tokyo and catch the train to Kyoto the same day to spent about five days there, then on to Hiroshima for a couple of days, and then head back to Tokyo for about five days before flying home.
I know that JR only manages the Yamanote in Tokyo, which it means that we'll have to take a local pass to use the metro + bus lines, so I guess the JRPass isn't that useful in Tokyo. But that might not be true for the rest of the trip.
For those of you who have done the same trip, would you say buying a two-week JRPass makes sense, or should be get local passes in each city instead?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://maximizedmuscleideas.com/thrive-max-testo/
- 2 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 3 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 4 Phuket Beaches
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 7 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 8 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 9 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 10 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 11 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 12 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 13 Japan Itinerary!
- 14 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 15 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 16 Mumbai short visit
- 17 Thailand Guides
- 18 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 19 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 20 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 21 India itinerary critique please
- 22 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 23 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 24 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 25 Magical India