We have been to Tokyo with our kids and really enjoyed it! Though it's an hectic and huge city, parks and onsen (japanese bath) are great to have a break...
I wrote a post about it to give some nice spots with kids, things to see and do and transportation tips:
Hope it could help family travelers
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 2 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 3 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 4 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 5 Trip Report : China
- 6 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 7 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 8 Japan itinerary advice
- 9 Japan GTG, early April
- 10 Other than Kyoto?
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 13 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 14 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 15 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 16 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 17 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 18 Beijing tours
- 19 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 20 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 21 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 22 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 23 A great trip in India
- 24 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 25 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo