I saw that this has been discussed before--
Which is great but my plan is slightly different. I have to rise early for a number of reasons and so will be taking an early train out at 0645 instead to arrive in Matsumoto at 0930 (if rush hour is a problem--will it be? I mean these are long-distance trains, not the subway--I might take the bus, same length of travel time to arrive around 0935). And then later in the PM I plan to take the bus to Takayama, preferably at 1400 but I can be pushed for the one at 1600 (I'd like to take the bus with at least one daylight hour to spare as I heard it's a beautiful route). I imagine I've got about 3.5 to 4h in Matsumoto. Would this be enough to see the Castle? Is the Matsumoto-Takayama route really that scenic (because if it's missable, I can take a later bus)? The alternative would be to spend a night in Matsumoto, but I don't think I can be convinced that it would be worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 India help needed
- 3 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 4 Beach hotel Thailand
- 5 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 6 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 7 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 Sim cards and adaptors
- 10 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 11 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 12 Sri Lanka Visa
- 13 Hoi Ann hotel
- 14 Hotel in Hanoi
- 15 Place to stay Hue
- 16 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 17 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 18 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 19 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 20 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 21 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 22 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 23 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 24 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 25 Trekking outside Sapa