I saw that this has been discussed before--
Which is great but my plan is slightly different. I have to rise early for a number of reasons and so will be taking an early train out at 0645 instead to arrive in Matsumoto at 0930 (if rush hour is a problem--will it be? I mean these are long-distance trains, not the subway--I might take the bus, same length of travel time to arrive around 0935). And then later in the PM I plan to take the bus to Takayama, preferably at 1400 but I can be pushed for the one at 1600 (I'd like to take the bus with at least one daylight hour to spare as I heard it's a beautiful route). I imagine I've got about 3.5 to 4h in Matsumoto. Would this be enough to see the Castle? Is the Matsumoto-Takayama route really that scenic (because if it's missable, I can take a later bus)? The alternative would be to spend a night in Matsumoto, but I don't think I can be convinced that it would be worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Central Delhi
- 2 Sri Lanka- elephants
- 3 Getting a Tote from Thailand-JFK
- 4 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 5 Japan / Korea Trip
- 6 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 7 Taiwan confusion..
- 8 Help with 2 week itinerary; Beijing to Hong Kong
- 9 Review My 23 Day Japan Itinerary
- 10 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 11 vietnam visa
- 12 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Tokyo daytrip
- 15 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 16 Bangkok - Pavement [sidewalk] obstructions
- 17 Trip Report : China
- 18 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 19 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 20 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 21 Thailand and Vietnam - February 2017
- 22 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 23 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 24 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 25 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels