I saw that this has been discussed before--
Which is great but my plan is slightly different. I have to rise early for a number of reasons and so will be taking an early train out at 0645 instead to arrive in Matsumoto at 0930 (if rush hour is a problem--will it be? I mean these are long-distance trains, not the subway--I might take the bus, same length of travel time to arrive around 0935). And then later in the PM I plan to take the bus to Takayama, preferably at 1400 but I can be pushed for the one at 1600 (I'd like to take the bus with at least one daylight hour to spare as I heard it's a beautiful route). I imagine I've got about 3.5 to 4h in Matsumoto. Would this be enough to see the Castle? Is the Matsumoto-Takayama route really that scenic (because if it's missable, I can take a later bus)? The alternative would be to spend a night in Matsumoto, but I don't think I can be convinced that it would be worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam with kids/teens
- 2 Vietnam tours
- 3 India Tour Companies
- 4 First time to India
- 5 Colombo city tour with Ceylon Rustic Guide?
- 6 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 7 Planning for India - comments please
- 8 Silver Jewellery is Popular For Its Specific Properties.
- 9 What island to visit while visiting HongKong
- 10 Solo advice for Tokyo and Hong Kong
- 11 Advice on hotels in Shinjuku
- 12 Traffic and Police in India
- 13 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 14 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 15 New Thai Visa
- 16 Georgia (country) Trip Report
- 17 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 18 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 19 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 20 New Years in Japan
- 21 A Victory Day Tour
- 22 India visa for new passport
- 23 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 24 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 25 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin