I saw that this has been discussed before--
Which is great but my plan is slightly different. I have to rise early for a number of reasons and so will be taking an early train out at 0645 instead to arrive in Matsumoto at 0930 (if rush hour is a problem--will it be? I mean these are long-distance trains, not the subway--I might take the bus, same length of travel time to arrive around 0935). And then later in the PM I plan to take the bus to Takayama, preferably at 1400 but I can be pushed for the one at 1600 (I'd like to take the bus with at least one daylight hour to spare as I heard it's a beautiful route). I imagine I've got about 3.5 to 4h in Matsumoto. Would this be enough to see the Castle? Is the Matsumoto-Takayama route really that scenic (because if it's missable, I can take a later bus)? The alternative would be to spend a night in Matsumoto, but I don't think I can be convinced that it would be worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Bali - What to do?
- 4 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 5 Tips in Myanmar
- 6 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 7 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 Being customs
- 11 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 12 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 13 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 14 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 15 myanmar
- 16 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 17 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Help w/ 20 Days in South India & Sri Lanka
- 20 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Quick question about Vietnam Visa Exception during overland crossing
- 23 Travel India solo
- 24 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 25 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help