we're looking for the right place for us to stay for 5 nights in Tokyo and can't decide whether we should look for a hotel in Shibuya or Shinjuku. (We're a couple, 30 years old) Both districts seem to have a great nightlife. But which district is better, if we want to have some drinks in nice bars within walking distance from our hotel until late at night? (Clubbing and discos are not so important to us) Public transportation only runs till midnight, so we would be glad if there were bars where we could go to nearby.
Also, we're stuck with the problem that we arrive at Narita Airport at 21:00 and might only be able to catch the last limo bus to Tokyo, which according to the timetable goes to Shinjuku leaving Narita airport at 22:35 ? (or is there a later one going to Shibuya or Shinjuku?)
Thank you all for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 2 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 3 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 6 5 weeks in Japan
- 7 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 8 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 10 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 11 Lodge in Borneo
- 12 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 13 China and Japan help
- 14 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 15 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 16 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 17 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 18 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 19 Requesting Passport Number
- 20 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 21 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 22 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 23 Phu Quoc
- 24 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 25 Help! India Visa question....