I will be leaving for Tokyo in three weeks. I have already done quite a bit of research about things to see and do in Tokyo and have cobbled together a rough itinerary (and I do stress rough!). Now comes the fun part, deciding on if I need to flesh it out a bit or if it's just about right.
Day 1 - Sat Sept. 1
- after arrival and checking in to my hotel, I will go out exploring the Shinjuku area where I'm staying to get a feel of the place. That will be the extent of my sightseeing as I will be arriving late in the afternoon.
Day 2 - Sun Sept. 2
- go to the Harajuku area to see the people in their Cosplay outfits.
- the Imperial Palace.
- the Tokyo Tower.
Day 3 - Mon Sept. 3
- head to Odaiba and walk around.
- take water bus to Asakusa.
- walk around the Asakusa area.
Day 4 - Tue Sept. 4
- baseball game. This is the only definite thing I know want to do this day, anything before 5p I'm open to ideas.
Day 5 - Wed Sept. 5
- go to the Tokyo Skytree. Ok, I realize that this has just opened, but knowing how popular it probably is, I'm going to get there quite early, so there's no telling how long I'll be standing in line or how long the whole ordeal will last. Any ideas on what to do afterwards?
Day 6 - Thur Sept. 6
- Day trip to Mt. Fuji / Hakone. That'll pretty much gobble up the whole day.
Day 7 - Friday Sept. 7
- I have no idea what to do this day.
Day 8 - Sat Sept. 8
- fly back home.
I do understand that there is LOTS to see and do in Tokyo, that's why I'm only doing one day out of the city. I'm also taking jet lag into consideration and the fact that this country will be bit of a challenge for me. I don't want to overdo it and run around to see every and anything, but then again I don't want to short change myself. The thought of going to this Ghibli museum sounds interesting, so I might plug that into one of my days.
So, any ideas / suggetions on this rough itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 5 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 6 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 7 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 8 Road Scholar tour in China
- 9 Bali - What to do?
- 10 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 13 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 14 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 15 Being customs
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 19 Tips in Myanmar
- 20 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 21 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 22 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 23 myanmar
- 24 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 25 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!