I will be leaving for Tokyo in three weeks. I have already done quite a bit of research about things to see and do in Tokyo and have cobbled together a rough itinerary (and I do stress rough!). Now comes the fun part, deciding on if I need to flesh it out a bit or if it's just about right.
Day 1 - Sat Sept. 1
- after arrival and checking in to my hotel, I will go out exploring the Shinjuku area where I'm staying to get a feel of the place. That will be the extent of my sightseeing as I will be arriving late in the afternoon.
Day 2 - Sun Sept. 2
- go to the Harajuku area to see the people in their Cosplay outfits.
- the Imperial Palace.
- the Tokyo Tower.
Day 3 - Mon Sept. 3
- head to Odaiba and walk around.
- take water bus to Asakusa.
- walk around the Asakusa area.
Day 4 - Tue Sept. 4
- baseball game. This is the only definite thing I know want to do this day, anything before 5p I'm open to ideas.
Day 5 - Wed Sept. 5
- go to the Tokyo Skytree. Ok, I realize that this has just opened, but knowing how popular it probably is, I'm going to get there quite early, so there's no telling how long I'll be standing in line or how long the whole ordeal will last. Any ideas on what to do afterwards?
Day 6 - Thur Sept. 6
- Day trip to Mt. Fuji / Hakone. That'll pretty much gobble up the whole day.
Day 7 - Friday Sept. 7
- I have no idea what to do this day.
Day 8 - Sat Sept. 8
- fly back home.
I do understand that there is LOTS to see and do in Tokyo, that's why I'm only doing one day out of the city. I'm also taking jet lag into consideration and the fact that this country will be bit of a challenge for me. I don't want to overdo it and run around to see every and anything, but then again I don't want to short change myself. The thought of going to this Ghibli museum sounds interesting, so I might plug that into one of my days.
So, any ideas / suggetions on this rough itinerary?
Tokyo rough itinerary - suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 4 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 5 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 6 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 7 First time to srilanka
- 8 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 9 where can i find replica handbags
- 10 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 11 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 12 1week in Hyderabad in mid-April need itinerary help
- 13 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 14 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 15 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 16 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 17 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 18 Nepal
- 19 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 20 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 21 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 22 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 23 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 24 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 25 1st time Japan - solo female