I will be leaving for Tokyo in three weeks. I have already done quite a bit of research about things to see and do in Tokyo and have cobbled together a rough itinerary (and I do stress rough!). Now comes the fun part, deciding on if I need to flesh it out a bit or if it's just about right.
Day 1 - Sat Sept. 1
- after arrival and checking in to my hotel, I will go out exploring the Shinjuku area where I'm staying to get a feel of the place. That will be the extent of my sightseeing as I will be arriving late in the afternoon.
Day 2 - Sun Sept. 2
- go to the Harajuku area to see the people in their Cosplay outfits.
- the Imperial Palace.
- the Tokyo Tower.
Day 3 - Mon Sept. 3
- head to Odaiba and walk around.
- take water bus to Asakusa.
- walk around the Asakusa area.
Day 4 - Tue Sept. 4
- baseball game. This is the only definite thing I know want to do this day, anything before 5p I'm open to ideas.
Day 5 - Wed Sept. 5
- go to the Tokyo Skytree. Ok, I realize that this has just opened, but knowing how popular it probably is, I'm going to get there quite early, so there's no telling how long I'll be standing in line or how long the whole ordeal will last. Any ideas on what to do afterwards?
Day 6 - Thur Sept. 6
- Day trip to Mt. Fuji / Hakone. That'll pretty much gobble up the whole day.
Day 7 - Friday Sept. 7
- I have no idea what to do this day.
Day 8 - Sat Sept. 8
- fly back home.
I do understand that there is LOTS to see and do in Tokyo, that's why I'm only doing one day out of the city. I'm also taking jet lag into consideration and the fact that this country will be bit of a challenge for me. I don't want to overdo it and run around to see every and anything, but then again I don't want to short change myself. The thought of going to this Ghibli museum sounds interesting, so I might plug that into one of my days.
So, any ideas / suggetions on this rough itinerary?
Tokyo rough itinerary - suggestions?
- 1 Japan: best time to go?
- 2 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 3 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 4 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 5 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 6 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 7 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 8 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 9 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 10 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 11 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 12 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 13 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 14 Magical India
- 15 Visit To Goa
- 16 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 17 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 18 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 19 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 20 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 21 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 22 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 23 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 24 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?
- 25 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint