I will be leaving for Tokyo in three weeks. I have already done quite a bit of research about things to see and do in Tokyo and have cobbled together a rough itinerary (and I do stress rough!). Now comes the fun part, deciding on if I need to flesh it out a bit or if it's just about right.
Day 1 - Sat Sept. 1
- after arrival and checking in to my hotel, I will go out exploring the Shinjuku area where I'm staying to get a feel of the place. That will be the extent of my sightseeing as I will be arriving late in the afternoon.
Day 2 - Sun Sept. 2
- go to the Harajuku area to see the people in their Cosplay outfits.
- the Imperial Palace.
- the Tokyo Tower.
Day 3 - Mon Sept. 3
- head to Odaiba and walk around.
- take water bus to Asakusa.
- walk around the Asakusa area.
Day 4 - Tue Sept. 4
- baseball game. This is the only definite thing I know want to do this day, anything before 5p I'm open to ideas.
Day 5 - Wed Sept. 5
- go to the Tokyo Skytree. Ok, I realize that this has just opened, but knowing how popular it probably is, I'm going to get there quite early, so there's no telling how long I'll be standing in line or how long the whole ordeal will last. Any ideas on what to do afterwards?
Day 6 - Thur Sept. 6
- Day trip to Mt. Fuji / Hakone. That'll pretty much gobble up the whole day.
Day 7 - Friday Sept. 7
- I have no idea what to do this day.
Day 8 - Sat Sept. 8
- fly back home.
I do understand that there is LOTS to see and do in Tokyo, that's why I'm only doing one day out of the city. I'm also taking jet lag into consideration and the fact that this country will be bit of a challenge for me. I don't want to overdo it and run around to see every and anything, but then again I don't want to short change myself. The thought of going to this Ghibli museum sounds interesting, so I might plug that into one of my days.
So, any ideas / suggetions on this rough itinerary?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok in April?!?
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 4 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 5 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 6 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 7 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 8 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 9 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 10 My visit to Vietnam
- 11 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 12 New Member
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 14 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 15 Japn tour 10 nights
- 16 5 weeks in Japan
- 17 My visit to Thailand
- 18 My visit to Cambodia
- 19 Family Trip to Japan
- 20 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 21 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 22 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 23 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 24 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 25 Nepal