We are planning our first trip to Japan in March 2016 and wanted some guidance for our itinerary and transportation. We are a family of 4, myself, DH and 2 kids ( 11,6).
21st March Arrival Tokyo
22nd - Day and night Tokyo
23rd - Day and night Tokyo
24th - Travel to Mt Fuji, overnight @ Fuji
25th - Depart for Kyoto, night@ Kyoto
26th - Day and Night Kyoto
27th - Day trip to Himeji castle OR day trip to NARA
28th - Day and night @ Kyoto
29th- Day and Night @ Kyoto OR day trip to Nara OR Himeji Castle
30th - Train to tokyo, fly out.
1) Need help with transportation from Tokyo to Mt. Fuji to Kyoto...we are thinking of buying the Japan Rail pass since we have to do Tokyo Kyoto and back and also get to experience Shinkansen.
Want to avoid coming back from MT. Fuji to Tokyo and rather head to Kyoto straight to save time.
2) Also, want to experience Ryokan stay for one night. Any recommendations where Fuji? or Kyoto? or Tokyo? looking for something reasonable.
3) We do not intend to climb, We just want to go upto the 5th Station, enjoy the views, do the boat cruise and enjoy the place. are there any short trails that we can walk with kids?
4) Thoughts on car rentals in Tokyo, Kyoto and MT Fuji? Is it an absolute must? I am think definitely for Kyoto since we are looking to go to Nara and HImeji Castle. What about Mt Fuji....Do we need to rent? Tokyo?
I am still researching on what to do/ see etc ...but any tips and recos are welcome. We do not want to do Disney, thats for sure. Some things we would like to do - Cherry Blossom if our timing is right, Tea ceremony, ryokan experience, Geisha dance, Shinkansen, a few shrines and gardens, dome, Imperial palace, sumo wrestling, photography, & nature walks, dining and shopping. Certianly we will not be able to do all or even half of what Japan has to offer given our time constraint and we understand that. Will try to make the best of our time.
Would appreciate yor help esp with the transportation bit.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.supplement4choice.com/lumidaire/
- 2 Vietnam Dong
- 3 Suggestions for a trip with my daughter
- 4 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 5 A first time for everything in Japan
- 6 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 7 India Tour Companies
- 8 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 9 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 10 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 11 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 12 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 13 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 14 3 weeks in Japan
- 15 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 16 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 17 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 18 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 19 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 20 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 21 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 22 New Years in Japan
- 23 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand