I, ve been reading through some of the posts and so glad I found this forum!!!
I've been planning our trip for about a month and only have my Kyoto hotel to book, I could really use some help!
my boyfriend and I are taking this trip as his 40th bday gift and we are super excited, well maybe me more than him
After reading some of the posts I realize that I probably crammed way too much in such little time but too late now since all air and most hotels booked so will have to make the best of it. I could do without Tokyo but that is the one place he must see
I did look through the japanguide website and will probably do some of their suggested itineraries. My biggest concern is Kyoto since we still dont have a hotel and our time there is so limited. Im into the culture and would love to see as much as possible while my boyfriend would be content walking aimlessly for two days. A ryokan would be awsome but we both dont like the idea of a shared bathroom. Any suggestions on a ryokan type place but with private bath for about $100 a night? A central neighborhood? Can we get around on bikes or would that be crazy?
also trying to figure out if a JR pass is worth it. Flying in to tokyo and out of Osaka so we would only really use it one way. I've read that commuting within tokyo and kyoto would be better using other trains so I dont want to get it just for the one way trip. Any advice?
Below is our itinerary, any suggestions would be much appreciated!
May 25th arrive in Tokyo 4pm after a very long US flight
Tokyo 26th, 27th & 28th
leave for Kyoto 28th
Kyoto 29th & 30th morning
leave for Bangkok 30th afternoon
Bangkok 31st and 1st
leave for koh samui 1st at night
koh samui 2nd, 3rd, 4th and leave late at night on the 5th
Looking forward to suggestions!
Tokyo, kyoto, bangkok & koh samui
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Phuket
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 Indonesian visa update
- 5 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 6 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 7 Solo F Traveller 25yrs 15th August 2014- 11th September 2014
- 8 Recommended reading about Nepal
- 9 10 Day trip to Thailand - end of March
- 10 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 11 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 12 Japan and China for 16 days
- 13 Exploring Thailand
- 14 Drivers for Laos & Java
- 15 A Few Osaka & Kyoto Questions Kudasai!
- 16 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 17 Japan in December
- 18 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 19 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 20 More time in Hoi An or Nha Trang? Not beach enthusiasts
- 21 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 22 Looking for advice on short Burma itinerary
- 23 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 24 Phones in Asia
- 25 Scouting for early retirement locations