I, ve been reading through some of the posts and so glad I found this forum!!!
I've been planning our trip for about a month and only have my Kyoto hotel to book, I could really use some help!
my boyfriend and I are taking this trip as his 40th bday gift and we are super excited, well maybe me more than him
After reading some of the posts I realize that I probably crammed way too much in such little time but too late now since all air and most hotels booked so will have to make the best of it. I could do without Tokyo but that is the one place he must see
I did look through the japanguide website and will probably do some of their suggested itineraries. My biggest concern is Kyoto since we still dont have a hotel and our time there is so limited. Im into the culture and would love to see as much as possible while my boyfriend would be content walking aimlessly for two days. A ryokan would be awsome but we both dont like the idea of a shared bathroom. Any suggestions on a ryokan type place but with private bath for about $100 a night? A central neighborhood? Can we get around on bikes or would that be crazy?
also trying to figure out if a JR pass is worth it. Flying in to tokyo and out of Osaka so we would only really use it one way. I've read that commuting within tokyo and kyoto would be better using other trains so I dont want to get it just for the one way trip. Any advice?
Below is our itinerary, any suggestions would be much appreciated!
May 25th arrive in Tokyo 4pm after a very long US flight
Tokyo 26th, 27th & 28th
leave for Kyoto 28th
Kyoto 29th & 30th morning
leave for Bangkok 30th afternoon
Bangkok 31st and 1st
leave for koh samui 1st at night
koh samui 2nd, 3rd, 4th and leave late at night on the 5th
Looking forward to suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 The serum ensures to be in a position
- 2 Is what you know all sorts of floors divisional?
- 3 International Airlines Pilot By Shekhar Gupta N Niriha Khajanchi
- 4 http://www.healthoptimumfact.com/flawless-youth-skin-care/
- 5 Strengthen the daily maintenance of wood floors
- 6 content of good faith floor
- 7 Passport
- 8 connotation. Neoclassic
- 9 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 10 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 11 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 12 Are knitting needles allowed on ANA?
- 13 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 14 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 15 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 16 Hotels in Puri
- 17 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 18 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 19 Amakusa island help
- 20 Weekend Breaks from Singapore
- 21 Questions re use of Japan Rail Pass and Kyoto itinerary
- 22 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 23 Cheapest way to Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand.
- 24 How would you spend your last few days in Thailand.
- 25 Japan Itinerary