I was wondering if you guys could do me a favor and look over my rough itinerary and let me know if its reasonable/feasible. We're only planning on staying in the Tokyo vicinity as we've already been to Osaka and Kyoto. Am I missing anything? We're travelling with a 5 year old so we're trying to keep the days light… Any tips/recommendations/suggestions would be welcome!
March 30 Friday Arrive in Tokyo at 4 pm
Check in at hotel (Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier) at approximately 7 pm
Dinner nearby (any suggestions?)
March 31 Saturday Wakeup at 4 and go to Tsukiji Market
Breakfast at Sushi Dao
Go to Imperial East Gardens (Tsukijishijo station towards Monzennackacho transfer to Tozai Line and exit Otemachi station through exit c13b)
East Gardens, Sannomaru Shozakan, Kokyo Gaien and Nijubashi
Head to Akihabara (Otemachi station Tozai line to kayabacho transfer to hibiya line and exit at akihabara)
Lunch at Kyushu Jangara Ramen (or would En Izakaya be better?)
Walk around akihabara (Don Quixote, Mandarake Toy Store)
Head to Roponggi for dinner (suggestions?)
April 1 Sunday Shibuya, Meiju Shrine, Kiddy land, Omotesando, Takeshita Street, Harajuku, Yoyogi Park
April 2 Monday Nikko (Tobu World Square, Edo Wonderland – im open to suggestions here)
April 3 Tuesday Mt Fuji/Hakone Day Tour
April 4 Wednesday Tokyo Disneyland
April 5 Thursday Tokyo Disney Sea
April 6 Friday Ghibli Museum, Ginza
April 7 Saturday Asakusa, Sensoji Temple, Kappabashi and Odaiba
April 8 Sunday Yasube, Ameyoko, Tokyo National Museum, Ueno Park, Shinjuku, Shinjuku Gyoen (should I do the parks in the morning?)
April 9 Monday Sanrio land and then free afternoon for things we missed or want to go back to
April 10 Tuesday Flight out at 11 AM
Tokyo Itinerary - Reviews/Thoughts/HELP!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 2 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 3 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 6 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 7 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 8 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 11 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 12 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 13 Nepal
- 14 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 15 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 16 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 19 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 1st time Japan - solo female
- 22 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 25 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July