I was wondering if you guys could do me a favor and look over my rough itinerary and let me know if its reasonable/feasible. We're only planning on staying in the Tokyo vicinity as we've already been to Osaka and Kyoto. Am I missing anything? We're travelling with a 5 year old so we're trying to keep the days light… Any tips/recommendations/suggestions would be welcome!
March 30 Friday Arrive in Tokyo at 4 pm
Check in at hotel (Mitsui Garden Hotel Ginza Premier) at approximately 7 pm
Dinner nearby (any suggestions?)
March 31 Saturday Wakeup at 4 and go to Tsukiji Market
Breakfast at Sushi Dao
Go to Imperial East Gardens (Tsukijishijo station towards Monzennackacho transfer to Tozai Line and exit Otemachi station through exit c13b)
East Gardens, Sannomaru Shozakan, Kokyo Gaien and Nijubashi
Head to Akihabara (Otemachi station Tozai line to kayabacho transfer to hibiya line and exit at akihabara)
Lunch at Kyushu Jangara Ramen (or would En Izakaya be better?)
Walk around akihabara (Don Quixote, Mandarake Toy Store)
Head to Roponggi for dinner (suggestions?)
April 1 Sunday Shibuya, Meiju Shrine, Kiddy land, Omotesando, Takeshita Street, Harajuku, Yoyogi Park
April 2 Monday Nikko (Tobu World Square, Edo Wonderland – im open to suggestions here)
April 3 Tuesday Mt Fuji/Hakone Day Tour
April 4 Wednesday Tokyo Disneyland
April 5 Thursday Tokyo Disney Sea
April 6 Friday Ghibli Museum, Ginza
April 7 Saturday Asakusa, Sensoji Temple, Kappabashi and Odaiba
April 8 Sunday Yasube, Ameyoko, Tokyo National Museum, Ueno Park, Shinjuku, Shinjuku Gyoen (should I do the parks in the morning?)
April 9 Monday Sanrio land and then free afternoon for things we missed or want to go back to
April 10 Tuesday Flight out at 11 AM
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Is this crazy?
- 2 Henry's---tailor in Bangkok....
- 3 1 Month SE Asia itinerary.
- 4 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 5 Dollar traveller cheques
- 6 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 7 Jews in China. Who knew?
- 8 India help with where to go
- 9 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 10 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 11 Hoi An in December?
- 12 Getting to Hoi An from Hue
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 15 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 16 Halong Bay cruise
- 17 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 18 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 19 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 20 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 21 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 22 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 23 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 24 In Seoul for one day
- 25 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!