I will be travelling to Japan for the first time in September and staying in Tokyo for a total of 4 nights. I will be staying in Akasaka three nights, and Shinjuku for one night (my last night in Japan after returning from Kyoto). I am looking for some suggestions and advice on what to do while I am there. I am sure that I will be jetlagged when I get there, but I am going to try to sleep on the plane and take over-the-counter sleep aids to adjust as soon as possible when I get there so that I can make the most of my time.
I know that I would like to experience the nightlife in Roppongi, and visit the Tsukiji Fish Market for sushi breakfast or lunch while I am there (should I see the fish auction as well?). Aside from that, I am still trying to figure out what to do. I am interested in experiencing the Japanese culture, cuisine, and seeing amazing architecture, and historical/traditional sites. I want to have experiences very different from what I would find in a major U.S. city. I would also like to get some great photos and spend a lot of time outside walking around. I am not too interested visiting inside museums. I will be getting a JR pass and taking the train to get around the city.
Here are some places that I am considering based on my research. Please let me know your thoughts. I am definitely open to other suggestions as well. Also, do you have any suggestions on souvenirs that I cannot get in the U.S?
Watch Sumo Wrestling Match
Yoyogi Park in Shibuya-ku
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
Roppongi Hills (observation deck)
Shinjuku (Golden Gai, Kabukicho, Kagurazaka, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku Gyoen)
Dinner and Drinks in Ebisu
Akihabara (electronics stores and cafes)
Shibuya (shopping and entertainment around Shibuya Station, nightclubs, Hachiko Exit intersection)
Ginza (Sony building)
Day trip to Nikko
Thank you in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.healthguidenow.com/vderma/
- 2 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 3 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 4 릴게임야마토 ▣☆접 속 : pts11.컴 ▣☆
- 5 백격온라인게임 ■■접_속: pts11.컴 ■■
- 6 알라딘릴게임 ◎♧홈 피 = pts11.컴 ◎♧
- 7 시즌온라인릴게임 ☞◇접 속 : pts11.컴 ☞◇
- 8 시톰릴게임 ◐☆주_소= pts11.컴 ◐☆
- 9 피망포커 ◎♧홈 피 = pts11.컴 ◎♧
- 10 세븐포커바둑이 ☞◇접 속 : pts11.컴 ☞◇
- 11 온라인포커 ▣☆접 속 : pts11.컴 ▣☆
- 12 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 13 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 14 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 17 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 18 Kerala trip
- 19 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 20 E Visa for India?
- 21 1-2 months South East Asia
- 22 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 23 Help - India.
- 24 Nice article on Macau in the NYT
- 25 Our trip to Japan. Arigato gozaimasu