I will be travelling to Japan for the first time in September and staying in Tokyo for a total of 4 nights. I will be staying in Akasaka three nights, and Shinjuku for one night (my last night in Japan after returning from Kyoto). I am looking for some suggestions and advice on what to do while I am there. I am sure that I will be jetlagged when I get there, but I am going to try to sleep on the plane and take over-the-counter sleep aids to adjust as soon as possible when I get there so that I can make the most of my time.
I know that I would like to experience the nightlife in Roppongi, and visit the Tsukiji Fish Market for sushi breakfast or lunch while I am there (should I see the fish auction as well?). Aside from that, I am still trying to figure out what to do. I am interested in experiencing the Japanese culture, cuisine, and seeing amazing architecture, and historical/traditional sites. I want to have experiences very different from what I would find in a major U.S. city. I would also like to get some great photos and spend a lot of time outside walking around. I am not too interested visiting inside museums. I will be getting a JR pass and taking the train to get around the city.
Here are some places that I am considering based on my research. Please let me know your thoughts. I am definitely open to other suggestions as well. Also, do you have any suggestions on souvenirs that I cannot get in the U.S?
Watch Sumo Wrestling Match
Yoyogi Park in Shibuya-ku
Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
Roppongi Hills (observation deck)
Shinjuku (Golden Gai, Kabukicho, Kagurazaka, Nishi-Shinjuku, Shinjuku Gyoen)
Dinner and Drinks in Ebisu
Akihabara (electronics stores and cafes)
Shibuya (shopping and entertainment around Shibuya Station, nightclubs, Hachiko Exit intersection)
Ginza (Sony building)
Day trip to Nikko
Thank you in advance for your advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 파워볼 배팅법 ▣ 홈피: pwn21.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 where to stay in Busan
- 3 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 4 First time to India
- 5 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 6 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 7 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 8 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR