I will be travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto later this year. Do most restaurants accept credit cards in the cities, and do they post the accepted forms of payment on the outside of the establishment?
Also, I am looking for some inexpensive meal options. I plan to have dinner at nice restaurants most nights, but I am looking for some cheap, but good, food options for breakfast, lunch and some of the dinners.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Visiting China - must be tour
- 2 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 3 India Trip Report
- 4 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 5 Best Hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter
- 6 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 7 Need help choosing a tour company.
- 8 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 9 Hanoi Hotel
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 11 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 12 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 13 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 14 What is the best way to travel through Budapest, Vienna, and Prague?
- 15 Recommendations for Asian Tour
- 16 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 17 Best places to photo-shoot landscapes and natural beauty
- 18 Udon Thani to Chiang Mai by road
- 19 Thailand - Khao Lak [Andaman Coast] area
- 20 An island paradise?
- 21 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 22 6 months SE Asia and New Zeland
- 23 mekong delta vietnam tours which operator to go for?
- 24 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 25 Budget accommodation in Krabi and Phi Phi island??
Tokyo and Kyoto - Credit Card or Mainly Cash Only for Meals?