I will be travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto later this year. Do most restaurants accept credit cards in the cities, and do they post the accepted forms of payment on the outside of the establishment?
Also, I am looking for some inexpensive meal options. I plan to have dinner at nice restaurants most nights, but I am looking for some cheap, but good, food options for breakfast, lunch and some of the dinners.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam 15 day visa exemption - transfer included?
- 2 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 3 Tokyo daytrip
- 4 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 5 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 6 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 7 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Recommendation for Season 3 of Chef's Table
- 12 Impressions of India
- 13 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 14 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 15 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 16 Taiwan confusion..
- 17 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 18 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 19 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 20 Laos- two weeks in January
- 21 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Snapshots From Kerala
- 24 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 25 Other than Kyoto?
Tokyo and Kyoto - Credit Card or Mainly Cash Only for Meals?