I will be travelling to Tokyo and Kyoto later this year. Do most restaurants accept credit cards in the cities, and do they post the accepted forms of payment on the outside of the establishment?
Also, I am looking for some inexpensive meal options. I plan to have dinner at nice restaurants most nights, but I am looking for some cheap, but good, food options for breakfast, lunch and some of the dinners.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Tokyo and Kyoto - Credit Card or Mainly Cash Only for Meals?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 2 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 3 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 4 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 5 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 7 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 8 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 9 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 Indian visa
- 12 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 13 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 14 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 15 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 16 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 17 Art in Shanghai
- 18 Dress code in India
- 19 One week in India
- 20 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 21 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 22 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 23 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 24 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 25 Passport Safety