My daughter's 13th birthday trip to Japan and my addition of Bali is almost planned.
We arrive on June 26 and take a private 6 hour tour on the 27 hitting a lot of top sights. On the 28th, which is her birthday, we are doing kimono making, sushi cooking, hitting the park to find Harajuku girls, and visiting a cat cafe (gives me the heebie jeebies but it's her choice). We are having dinner at Roppongi Robataya. On the 29, we go to the fish market early and eat at Jiro (her major gift) in the evening. Free roaming in between. On the 30, we will either do Disney Sea or Nikko. The hotel has given me a few choices for Nikko but both seem like very, very long days. I'm totally up for it if you guys tell me it's a must see stop and to just do it!!! Like, are we crazy to miss it???
So you know, we leave Tokyo and take the train to Hiroshima, tour around and then go to Miyajima for 2 nights. We then go to Kyoto for 5 nights, inclusive of a day trip to Nara which is booked. We then go to Osaka to fly to Bali.
So knowing our full itinerary, do we Nikko or not? Please advise.
Also, for all you Bali lovers we hired Putu for 3 days! Two days in Ubud and one in Seminyak and our transfer between the two. So excited as I know he is beloved by many!
Thanks for your advice in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 2 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 3 Japan Rail Pass
- 4 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 5 south east asia 3 weeks in june
- 6 Japan - costs
- 7 3 week SE Asia itinerary
- 8 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 9 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 10 Sri Lanka May
- 11 20 days Itinerary Help!
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 Japan rough itinerary
- 14 Laos planning.
- 15 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 16 Japan for Foodies
- 17 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 18 Kamogawa Odori/Aoi Matsuri
- 19 One night in Osaka
- 20 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 21 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 22 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 23 Singapore weather in August/September
- 24 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 25 First time going abroad