My daughter's 13th birthday trip to Japan and my addition of Bali is almost planned.
We arrive on June 26 and take a private 6 hour tour on the 27 hitting a lot of top sights. On the 28th, which is her birthday, we are doing kimono making, sushi cooking, hitting the park to find Harajuku girls, and visiting a cat cafe (gives me the heebie jeebies but it's her choice). We are having dinner at Roppongi Robataya. On the 29, we go to the fish market early and eat at Jiro (her major gift) in the evening. Free roaming in between. On the 30, we will either do Disney Sea or Nikko. The hotel has given me a few choices for Nikko but both seem like very, very long days. I'm totally up for it if you guys tell me it's a must see stop and to just do it!!! Like, are we crazy to miss it???
So you know, we leave Tokyo and take the train to Hiroshima, tour around and then go to Miyajima for 2 nights. We then go to Kyoto for 5 nights, inclusive of a day trip to Nara which is booked. We then go to Osaka to fly to Bali.
So knowing our full itinerary, do we Nikko or not? Please advise.
Also, for all you Bali lovers we hired Putu for 3 days! Two days in Ubud and one in Seminyak and our transfer between the two. So excited as I know he is beloved by many!
Thanks for your advice in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 2 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 3 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 4 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 5 Other than Kyoto?
- 6 Trip Report : China
- 7 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 8 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 9 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 10 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Beijing tours
- 13 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 14 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 15 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 16 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 17 A great trip in India
- 18 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 19 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 20 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 21 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 22 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 23 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 24 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 25 Takayama trail, Japan