Could you please tell me why you enjoyed or did not enjoy your time spent in Tokyo. I am trying to figure out if we should skip it in favor of spending our time some other place. This is our first trip to Japan and we will be there 17 nights, including visiting Takayama, Kanazawa, Hiroshima and Kyoto (with a day trip to Nara). I enjoy interesting architecture, museums, produce markets and gardens. I do not enjoy shopping except to briefly see what unusual things are on offer.
To include Tokyo or to exclude Tokyo, that is the question
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 6 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 7 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 8 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 9 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 10 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 11 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen
- 12 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 13 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 14 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 15 Anything in Hanoi apart from the Old Quarter
- 16 hokkaido outskirts
- 17 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 18 HKIA taxi with 3 people plus luggage?
- 19 July itinerary in Japan
- 20 India and Nepal 2014
- 21 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 22 Phones, staying in touch and SIM cards in India
- 23 2 Wonderful Weeks in Thailand
- 24 How early do you get to get to the airport in Thailand?
- 25 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!