I'm trying to plan a Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary and I'm trying to decide if Hue is worth a visit. I'm going to be in Hoi An and will be flying in and out of Danang, but not going north from there. I really want to do the Hai Van Pass so I could just get a driver to take me over it and get a train back in just one day. But I wondered if I would be as well to go as far as Hue and stay a night?
I'm a woman on my own and I don't have a strong interest in historical buildings, which I believe is the main attraction there. I prefer markets, scenery, people watching and soaking up the culture. I thought I might enjoy a trip on the Perfume River but beyond that I can't summon much interest - am I doing it a disservice?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 2 Chilli Crab - Singapore
- 3 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 4 India in March and April??
- 5 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 6 Should I? Solo, male, 52yo, deliberating
- 7 3 Weeks In Bali & Gili Islands HELP
- 8 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 9 Need Feedback on Safety and Things to Do for Traveling to Maldives
- 10 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 13 a month in india
- 14 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 15 India Safari 2017
- 16 Datong in Winter
- 17 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 18 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 19 haneda hotel
- 20 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 21 Rishikesh, India
- 22 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 23 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 24 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 25 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience