I'm trying to plan a Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary and I'm trying to decide if Hue is worth a visit. I'm going to be in Hoi An and will be flying in and out of Danang, but not going north from there. I really want to do the Hai Van Pass so I could just get a driver to take me over it and get a train back in just one day. But I wondered if I would be as well to go as far as Hue and stay a night?
I'm a woman on my own and I don't have a strong interest in historical buildings, which I believe is the main attraction there. I prefer markets, scenery, people watching and soaking up the culture. I thought I might enjoy a trip on the Perfume River but beyond that I can't summon much interest - am I doing it a disservice?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buy passports id cards driving license whatsapp+447404579759
- 2 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 3 A beach of choice on Samui
- 4 First time trip to Japan questions
- 5 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 6 Gilli t to Bali (Denpasar airport)
- 7 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 8 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 9 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 10 Travel India solo
- 11 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 13 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 14 North India Itinerary advice
- 15 Indonesia travel agent
- 16 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 17 Osaka, aquarium?
- 18 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 19 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 20 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 21 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 22 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 23 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 24 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 25 Bangkok Taxis