I'm trying to plan a Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary and I'm trying to decide if Hue is worth a visit. I'm going to be in Hoi An and will be flying in and out of Danang, but not going north from there. I really want to do the Hai Van Pass so I could just get a driver to take me over it and get a train back in just one day. But I wondered if I would be as well to go as far as Hue and stay a night?
I'm a woman on my own and I don't have a strong interest in historical buildings, which I believe is the main attraction there. I prefer markets, scenery, people watching and soaking up the culture. I thought I might enjoy a trip on the Perfume River but beyond that I can't summon much interest - am I doing it a disservice?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Trip Report : China
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 4 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 5 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 6 Other than Kyoto?
- 7 Japan GTG, early April
- 8 Beijing tours
- 9 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 10 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 11 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 12 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 13 A great trip in India
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 16 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 17 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 18 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 19 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 20 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 21 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 22 Takayama trail, Japan
- 23 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 24 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 25 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016