I'm trying to plan a Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary and I'm trying to decide if Hue is worth a visit. I'm going to be in Hoi An and will be flying in and out of Danang, but not going north from there. I really want to do the Hai Van Pass so I could just get a driver to take me over it and get a train back in just one day. But I wondered if I would be as well to go as far as Hue and stay a night?
I'm a woman on my own and I don't have a strong interest in historical buildings, which I believe is the main attraction there. I prefer markets, scenery, people watching and soaking up the culture. I thought I might enjoy a trip on the Perfume River but beyond that I can't summon much interest - am I doing it a disservice?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August