I'm trying to plan a Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary and I'm trying to decide if Hue is worth a visit. I'm going to be in Hoi An and will be flying in and out of Danang, but not going north from there. I really want to do the Hai Van Pass so I could just get a driver to take me over it and get a train back in just one day. But I wondered if I would be as well to go as far as Hue and stay a night?
I'm a woman on my own and I don't have a strong interest in historical buildings, which I believe is the main attraction there. I prefer markets, scenery, people watching and soaking up the culture. I thought I might enjoy a trip on the Perfume River but beyond that I can't summon much interest - am I doing it a disservice?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 2 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 3 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 4 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 5 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 6 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 7 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 8 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 9 Planning my Philippines trip
- 10 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 11 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 12 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 13 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 14 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 15 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 16 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 17 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 18 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 19 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 20 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 21 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 22 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 23 November, March, June... Japan?
- 24 Itinerary Help Japan
- 25 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?