A friend of mine and I are planning to take a trip to Vietnam and South China for about a month and a half, from mid-November to the very end of December.
We are planning to start the trip in Ho Chi Minh City, travel in Vietnam for about three weeks and then go into China for a three week trip as well, ending the trip in Hong Kong.
While we think we have our plans for Vietnam mostly covered (we have a friend who went there and was extremely helpful), we would love some help in planning an itinerary for our trip in China. We know that we want our trip to end in Hong Kong, and we have our eyes on the area of Guilin. Apart from that, we would love some tips.
So, my question is - given the above information, what things would you recommend us to see? What areas would you recommend us to go through? Any additional tips, information, etc. is of course welcome!
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TOP THINGS TO DO IN BAGAN, MYANMAR
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 4 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 5 SE Asia in December/January
- 6 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 7 My Topic TitleTravel Partner in Karimunjawa Islands
- 8 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 9 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 10 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 11 14 days in Myanmar
- 12 Harbin in mid March
- 13 Changing planes at Dubai
- 14 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 15 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 16 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 17 Indian Food Series
- 18 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 19 "necessities" for India
- 20 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 21 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 22 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 23 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 24 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 25 Short trip to Myanmar