A friend of mine and I are planning to take a trip to Vietnam and South China for about a month and a half, from mid-November to the very end of December.
We are planning to start the trip in Ho Chi Minh City, travel in Vietnam for about three weeks and then go into China for a three week trip as well, ending the trip in Hong Kong.
While we think we have our plans for Vietnam mostly covered (we have a friend who went there and was extremely helpful), we would love some help in planning an itinerary for our trip in China. We know that we want our trip to end in Hong Kong, and we have our eyes on the area of Guilin. Apart from that, we would love some tips.
So, my question is - given the above information, what things would you recommend us to see? What areas would you recommend us to go through? Any additional tips, information, etc. is of course welcome!
Thank you all in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 2 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August