I received a great tipping guideline sheet from Exotissimo, for Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, and Myanmar, including recommended amounts for guides, drivers, boat crews, hotels and restaurants.
I tried to copy and paste it here, but I couldn't.....it came through as a spreadsheet attachment and got all jumbled up.
So, if you're interested, contact them and I'm sure they'd send you a copy.
Tipping guidelines available
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 3 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 4 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 5 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 6 Private speed boat/longtail boat from Phuket to the islands?
- 7 Manaslu trekking
- 8 Nepal hiking and trekking
- 9 Everest base camp trekking
- 10 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 11 Bali Question
- 12 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 13 Vietnam - Questions
- 14 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 15 Golden eagle festival Mongolia?
- 16 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 17 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 18 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 19 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 20 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 21 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 22 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 23 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 24 Osaka shopping
- 25 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.