My wife and I are going to Nepal in September and were planning to visit Lhasa, nonetheless for about five days, we are not sure if it would be a better option to stay in Kathmandu and visit/stay the Kopan monastery as this would provide a more real experience with tibetan culture instead of taking an organized tour in Lhasa mainly consisting of visiting incredible sites which are now more of a museum than the real thing. We will appreciate any comments. If Lhasa is a recommendation, we would appreciate any reference to tour agents in Kathmandu and what you paid for your trip to Lhasa, we have already contacted Yeti Travels and Natraj tours.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 2 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 3 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 4 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 5 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 6 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 7 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 8 Planning my Philippines trip
- 9 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 10 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 11 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 12 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 13 Kyoto airbnb/vrbo reco?
- 14 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 15 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 16 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 17 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 18 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 19 10 days in Sri Lanka - Travel Report
- 20 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 November, March, June... Japan?
- 23 Itinerary Help Japan
- 24 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 25 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha