My wife and I are going to Nepal in September and were planning to visit Lhasa, nonetheless for about five days, we are not sure if it would be a better option to stay in Kathmandu and visit/stay the Kopan monastery as this would provide a more real experience with tibetan culture instead of taking an organized tour in Lhasa mainly consisting of visiting incredible sites which are now more of a museum than the real thing. We will appreciate any comments. If Lhasa is a recommendation, we would appreciate any reference to tour agents in Kathmandu and what you paid for your trip to Lhasa, we have already contacted Yeti Travels and Natraj tours.
TIBETAN CULTURE LHASA OR KOPAN MONASTERY IN KATHMANDU?
- 1 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 2 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 3 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 4 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 5 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 6 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?
- 7 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 8 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 9 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 10 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 11 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 12 Anyone in Bangkok
- 13 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 14 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 15 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 16 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 17 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 20 Travel Insurance
- 21 South East Asia
- 22 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 23 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 24 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 25 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!