My wife and I are going to Nepal in September and were planning to visit Lhasa, nonetheless for about five days, we are not sure if it would be a better option to stay in Kathmandu and visit/stay the Kopan monastery as this would provide a more real experience with tibetan culture instead of taking an organized tour in Lhasa mainly consisting of visiting incredible sites which are now more of a museum than the real thing. We will appreciate any comments. If Lhasa is a recommendation, we would appreciate any reference to tour agents in Kathmandu and what you paid for your trip to Lhasa, we have already contacted Yeti Travels and Natraj tours.
TIBETAN CULTURE LHASA OR KOPAN MONASTERY IN KATHMANDU?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 3 days in Teheran
- 3 Destination Bangkok, again
- 4 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 5 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 6 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 7 Travel during China national week?
- 8 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 9 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 10 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 11 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 12 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 13 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 14 Favorite travel apps?
- 15 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 16 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 17 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 18 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 19 Foreign currency
- 20 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 21 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 22 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 23 Honeymoon In sept
- 24 Vietnam October 2014
- 25 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!