My wife and I are going to Nepal in September and were planning to visit Lhasa, nonetheless for about five days, we are not sure if it would be a better option to stay in Kathmandu and visit/stay the Kopan monastery as this would provide a more real experience with tibetan culture instead of taking an organized tour in Lhasa mainly consisting of visiting incredible sites which are now more of a museum than the real thing. We will appreciate any comments. If Lhasa is a recommendation, we would appreciate any reference to tour agents in Kathmandu and what you paid for your trip to Lhasa, we have already contacted Yeti Travels and Natraj tours.
TIBETAN CULTURE LHASA OR KOPAN MONASTERY IN KATHMANDU?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 3 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 My SEA trip - photos update
- 6 Nepal- recipe?
- 7 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 8 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 9 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 10 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 11 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 12 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 13 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 14 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 15 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 16 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 17 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 18 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 19 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 20 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 21 Connaught Place
- 22 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 23 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 24 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 25 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?