My wife and I are going to Nepal in September and were planning to visit Lhasa, nonetheless for about five days, we are not sure if it would be a better option to stay in Kathmandu and visit/stay the Kopan monastery as this would provide a more real experience with tibetan culture instead of taking an organized tour in Lhasa mainly consisting of visiting incredible sites which are now more of a museum than the real thing. We will appreciate any comments. If Lhasa is a recommendation, we would appreciate any reference to tour agents in Kathmandu and what you paid for your trip to Lhasa, we have already contacted Yeti Travels and Natraj tours.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://advisorwellness.com/lunexia/
- 2 2 nights Phuket - What beach to stay on?
- 3 Impressions of India
- 4 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 5 Tokyo hotel help
- 6 Japan Help-Ryokan or no?
- 7 Bali - 1st Time Visit - Help with Itinerary
- 8 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 9 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 10 Phone calls to UK from Japan
- 11 Overland Travel Chiang Mai to Manipur
- 12 How much Yen?
- 13 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 14 South Korea for Chuseok
- 15 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 16 Bhutan... Have You Been
- 17 Getting Yourself Around Beijing
- 18 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 19 Bali - What to do?
- 20 India (north-east) + Maldives ititneraty help
- 21 AirAsia ASEAN pass?
- 22 help with s.e.a. trip destination for xmas, family of 4
- 23 travel to Malaysia or Indonesia
- 24 Bangkok transport to Shangri La Hotel
- 25 Private tours in Northern India