My wife and I are going to Nepal in September and were planning to visit Lhasa, nonetheless for about five days, we are not sure if it would be a better option to stay in Kathmandu and visit/stay the Kopan monastery as this would provide a more real experience with tibetan culture instead of taking an organized tour in Lhasa mainly consisting of visiting incredible sites which are now more of a museum than the real thing. We will appreciate any comments. If Lhasa is a recommendation, we would appreciate any reference to tour agents in Kathmandu and what you paid for your trip to Lhasa, we have already contacted Yeti Travels and Natraj tours.
TIBETAN CULTURE LHASA OR KOPAN MONASTERY IN KATHMANDU?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 2 April in Bangkok, again!
- 3 Hong Kong restaurants
- 4 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 5 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 6 Problems at 12,000'
- 7 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 8 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 9 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 10 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 11 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 12 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 13 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 14 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 15 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 16 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 17 How safe is Delhi/India
- 18 Malaria
- 19 Vietnam and coffee
- 20 I'm going to Japan!
- 21 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 22 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 23 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 24 Cherry blossom
- 25 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?