My mum (66 - with slightly limited mobility) and I (30) are travelling to New Zealand in February and are making a three-night layover in Bangkok on the way. We don't want to stay in Bangkok though, and would love to know any recommendations for a nearby, chilled out place to relax for three nights - preferably no more than about three hours drive away. Our travel agent has recommended Hua Hin, but this seems like a pretty soulless beach resort. Any thoughts on somewhere a bit more tranquil and picturesque?
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-1943-1-Travel-Thailand-1-forum.html#ixzz29rMBXIVP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.evergreenyouth.com/nayvi-serum/
- 2 Idiotic time zone question
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Ending another Asia trip in seattle
- 5 Japan travel during Obon 2017
- 6 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 7 Mount Koya
- 8 Sometahing is wrong
- 9 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 10 Twin rooms in Japan
- 11 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 sri lanka- tips required
- 15 base bangkok or manilla
- 16 Change my Itinerary?
- 17 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 18 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 19 4 weeks trip to South East Asia
- 20 Central Asia: Itinerary Advice
- 21 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 22 Impressions of India
- 23 Sri Lanka Association looking for volunteer
- 24 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 25 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week