My mum (66 - with slightly limited mobility) and I (30) are travelling to New Zealand in February and are making a three-night layover in Bangkok on the way. We don't want to stay in Bangkok though, and would love to know any recommendations for a nearby, chilled out place to relax for three nights - preferably no more than about three hours drive away. Our travel agent has recommended Hua Hin, but this seems like a pretty soulless beach resort. Any thoughts on somewhere a bit more tranquil and picturesque?
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-1943-1-Travel-Thailand-1-forum.html#ixzz29rMBXIVP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 2 http://supplementsgarden.com/follinique-hair-treatment
- 3 One day in Saigon
- 4 Halong Bay or Bagan?
- 5 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 6 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 7 Bali private driver recommendation
- 8 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 9 North India Itinerary advice
- 10 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 13 The Indian money crunch.
- 14 The truth about elephant tourism
- 15 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 16 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 17 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 18 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 19 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Kerala trip
- 22 E Visa for India?
- 23 1-2 months South East Asia
- 24 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 25 Help - India.