My mum (66 - with slightly limited mobility) and I (30) are travelling to New Zealand in February and are making a three-night layover in Bangkok on the way. We don't want to stay in Bangkok though, and would love to know any recommendations for a nearby, chilled out place to relax for three nights - preferably no more than about three hours drive away. Our travel agent has recommended Hua Hin, but this seems like a pretty soulless beach resort. Any thoughts on somewhere a bit more tranquil and picturesque?
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-1943-1-Travel-Thailand-1-forum.html#ixzz29rMBXIVP
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Capsule hotels
- 2 TXinjiang safety KKH Safety
- 3 Anyone used China Odyssey?
- 4 Tips for Chiang Rai (or stop eleswhere ?)
- 5 Vaccinations
- 6 Southern India here we come
- 7 a year in burma
- 8 Borneo forest fires
- 9 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 10 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 11 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 12 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 13 Taipei 10 Night Itinerary
- 14 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 15 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 16 Bridge players Beware!!
- 17 Is series 2006 usd accepted in thailqnd
- 18 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 19 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 20 Chengdu and Beijing
- 21 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 22 2 months in Indonesia
- 23 First time to SEA
- 24 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 25 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary