My mum (66 - with slightly limited mobility) and I (30) are travelling to New Zealand in February and are making a three-night layover in Bangkok on the way. We don't want to stay in Bangkok though, and would love to know any recommendations for a nearby, chilled out place to relax for three nights - preferably no more than about three hours drive away. Our travel agent has recommended Hua Hin, but this seems like a pretty soulless beach resort. Any thoughts on somewhere a bit more tranquil and picturesque?
Read more: http://forum.virtualtourist.com/forum-1943-1-Travel-Thailand-1-forum.html#ixzz29rMBXIVP
Three-night layover outside Bangkok
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 2 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 3 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 4 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 5 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 6 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 7 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 8 April in Bangkok, again!
- 9 Japan - spending money?
- 10 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 11 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 12 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 13 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 14 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 15 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 16 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 17 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 18 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 19 1st Trip to Bali
- 20 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 21 Japan night bus
- 22 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 23 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 24 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 25 Can you bargain tour price?