Would love some input again, since board members nailed it on my recent Nagoya thread!
4 nts in Kanazawa (booked Hotel Trusty directly via email)
1 nt Wajima (booked into Hotel Route-Inn Wajima)
1 nt Ogi (booked ocean view room, at Hyakurakuso, but with a second 2 nt booking if we decide to skip firefly squidding)
1 nt Toyama Bay (nothing booked, to see firefly squid at night, out of Namerakawa)
2 nts Karuizawa (booked into Hoshinoyo resort, dates can't be moved)
*** UNASSIGNED NIGHT ***
2 nts Nikko (in Kai Nikko, by lake, not by temples / shrines, dates can't be moved)
I'm struggling with that unassigned night. I'd really love to visit Chichibu Whisky Distillery (Ichiro's Malts) but I am coming up short with any other attractions in that area, and where we'd overnight.
We'll have a rental car from Kanazawa, btw and thinking to keep it till Nikko.
* Jigokudani Monkey Park - would be going backwards from Karuizawa, plus not sure whether it's worthwhile for a single night, taking travel into account - what do you think? We're driving so not reliant on public transport.
* Osenkaku Ryokan at Takarawaga Onsen (worth it for one night?)
* Mashiko (a little past Nikko but not a problem, routing-wise. For the pottery, but not the big fair which is a little later in Golden Week).
And any other ideas you may have?
Grateful for input!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 3 Japan rough itinerary
- 4 Silk Road Tour - China
- 5 Vietnam visa debate
- 6 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 7 Vietnam visa
- 8 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 9 Bye bye SE Asia
- 10 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 13 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 14 India Tour Companies
- 15 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 16 Laos planning.
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 21 One night in Osaka
- 22 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 23 Japan - costs
- 24 Japan for Foodies
- 25 Planning Honeymoon to Thailand
Thoughts Please for an Overnight between Karuizawa and Nikko