I did not tag this as a trip report because that will come later. However, we head to Tokyo on Air Canada from Hartford/Bradley and will meet up with Mr. & Mrs. RHK and Mr. & Mrs. HT and others at the Tokyo GTG on Saturday. We will then veer off the tourist track a bit to fly to the Noto Peninsula and stay at a B&B known for its great seafood. Next we drive to Kanazawa where we will meet up with the RHK's and HT's to enjoy dinner with KimJapan one night and a geisha performance at our machiya on another. From there we take a train to Naga Onsen for a night in a luxurious ryokan, followed by another train ride to Kyoto where we will again meet up with the RHK's and HT's for nightly dinners. After 5 nights in Kyoto, we head home on ANA/United via Washington Dulles. I am sure we will be able to post as the trip progresses as will the others who are journeying in Japan at the same time or following us in November. Looking forward to a great trip and enjoying the company of fellow Fodorites along the way...
The Great Fodor's Fall Japan Exodus Begins Tues w/Craig & Jeane's Departure
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 2 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 3 200cc UTV for teenagers
- 4 Independent female traveller
- 5 One week in India
- 6 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 7 Travel Within -- The Art of Living International Center, Bangalore
- 8 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 9 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 10 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 11 Castle & King
- 12 North Vietnam Again!
- 13 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 14 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 15 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 16 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 17 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 18 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 19 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 20 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 21 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 22 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?
- 23 reviews wanted for Sinorama tour company
- 24 We Recommend Our Guides! Saigon, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Angkor
- 25 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?