I did not tag this as a trip report because that will come later. However, we head to Tokyo on Air Canada from Hartford/Bradley and will meet up with Mr. & Mrs. RHK and Mr. & Mrs. HT and others at the Tokyo GTG on Saturday. We will then veer off the tourist track a bit to fly to the Noto Peninsula and stay at a B&B known for its great seafood. Next we drive to Kanazawa where we will meet up with the RHK's and HT's to enjoy dinner with KimJapan one night and a geisha performance at our machiya on another. From there we take a train to Naga Onsen for a night in a luxurious ryokan, followed by another train ride to Kyoto where we will again meet up with the RHK's and HT's for nightly dinners. After 5 nights in Kyoto, we head home on ANA/United via Washington Dulles. I am sure we will be able to post as the trip progresses as will the others who are journeying in Japan at the same time or following us in November. Looking forward to a great trip and enjoying the company of fellow Fodorites along the way...
The Great Fodor's Fall Japan Exodus Begins Tues w/Craig & Jeane's Departure
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 April in Bangkok, again!
- 2 Problems at 12,000'
- 3 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 4 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 5 GOING TO SE ASIA , NEED HELP
- 6 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 7 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 8 osaka to kobe frrom ship to ship
- 9 Spring trip to Tokyo and Kyoto -10 days
- 10 Best Time of Year to Visit Ko Samui/Krabi (Weather)
- 11 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai
- 12 Which Putu in Bali????
- 13 Biting the India bullet...well, maybe...
- 14 Japan, japan
- 15 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 16 Bangkok, Luang Prabang, Luang Say, Chiang Rai, Singapore (but no Siem Reap)
- 17 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 18 Hong Kong restaurants
- 19 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 20 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 21 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 22 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 23 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 24 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 25 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.