I did not tag this as a trip report because that will come later. However, we head to Tokyo on Air Canada from Hartford/Bradley and will meet up with Mr. & Mrs. RHK and Mr. & Mrs. HT and others at the Tokyo GTG on Saturday. We will then veer off the tourist track a bit to fly to the Noto Peninsula and stay at a B&B known for its great seafood. Next we drive to Kanazawa where we will meet up with the RHK's and HT's to enjoy dinner with KimJapan one night and a geisha performance at our machiya on another. From there we take a train to Naga Onsen for a night in a luxurious ryokan, followed by another train ride to Kyoto where we will again meet up with the RHK's and HT's for nightly dinners. After 5 nights in Kyoto, we head home on ANA/United via Washington Dulles. I am sure we will be able to post as the trip progresses as will the others who are journeying in Japan at the same time or following us in November. Looking forward to a great trip and enjoying the company of fellow Fodorites along the way...
The Great Fodor's Fall Japan Exodus Begins Tues w/Craig & Jeane's Departure
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Top Asian Bariatric Center
- 2 India with 4 kids
- 3 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 4 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Travel during China national week?
- 7 Destination Bangkok, again
- 8 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 9 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 10 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 11 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 12 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 13 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 14 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 15 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 16 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 17 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 18 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 19 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 20 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 21 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 22 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 23 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 24 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 25 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help