I did not tag this as a trip report because that will come later. However, we head to Tokyo on Air Canada from Hartford/Bradley and will meet up with Mr. & Mrs. RHK and Mr. & Mrs. HT and others at the Tokyo GTG on Saturday. We will then veer off the tourist track a bit to fly to the Noto Peninsula and stay at a B&B known for its great seafood. Next we drive to Kanazawa where we will meet up with the RHK's and HT's to enjoy dinner with KimJapan one night and a geisha performance at our machiya on another. From there we take a train to Naga Onsen for a night in a luxurious ryokan, followed by another train ride to Kyoto where we will again meet up with the RHK's and HT's for nightly dinners. After 5 nights in Kyoto, we head home on ANA/United via Washington Dulles. I am sure we will be able to post as the trip progresses as will the others who are journeying in Japan at the same time or following us in November. Looking forward to a great trip and enjoying the company of fellow Fodorites along the way...
The Great Fodor's Fall Japan Exodus Begins Tues w/Craig & Jeane's Departure
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 2 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 3 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 4 water villages, shanghai
- 5 Japan - spending money?
- 6 language problem in japan
- 7 two free days in Beijing
- 8 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 9 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 10 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 11 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 12 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 13 Private Guide in Chiang Mai
- 14 last minute plan to visit Sapa, Vietnam -- help
- 15 April in Bangkok, again!
- 16 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 17 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 18 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 19 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 20 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 21 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 22 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 23 1st Trip to Bali
- 24 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 25 Japan night bus