I did not tag this as a trip report because that will come later. However, we head to Tokyo on Air Canada from Hartford/Bradley and will meet up with Mr. & Mrs. RHK and Mr. & Mrs. HT and others at the Tokyo GTG on Saturday. We will then veer off the tourist track a bit to fly to the Noto Peninsula and stay at a B&B known for its great seafood. Next we drive to Kanazawa where we will meet up with the RHK's and HT's to enjoy dinner with KimJapan one night and a geisha performance at our machiya on another. From there we take a train to Naga Onsen for a night in a luxurious ryokan, followed by another train ride to Kyoto where we will again meet up with the RHK's and HT's for nightly dinners. After 5 nights in Kyoto, we head home on ANA/United via Washington Dulles. I am sure we will be able to post as the trip progresses as will the others who are journeying in Japan at the same time or following us in November. Looking forward to a great trip and enjoying the company of fellow Fodorites along the way...
The Great Fodor's Fall Japan Exodus Begins Tues w/Craig & Jeane's Departure
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 2 Need Help on Vietnam/Cambodia Itinerary
- 3 Your opinion of our Japan & China itinerary
- 4 Yet antoher Query on Japan IT.
- 5 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 6 Excellent Customer Service with Bangkok Food Tours
- 7 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 8 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 9 One-day tours in Kathmandu and Lhasa
- 10 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 11 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 12 Alternatives to/within Krabi in April - due to weather and pregnancy
- 13 Ever heard of an Okinawa to Haneda Airpack Fare?
- 14 Nepal
- 15 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 16 Would appreciate your comments on my Vietnam itinerary
- 17 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 18 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 19 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 1st time Japan - solo female
- 22 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 25 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July