I did not tag this as a trip report because that will come later. However, we head to Tokyo on Air Canada from Hartford/Bradley and will meet up with Mr. & Mrs. RHK and Mr. & Mrs. HT and others at the Tokyo GTG on Saturday. We will then veer off the tourist track a bit to fly to the Noto Peninsula and stay at a B&B known for its great seafood. Next we drive to Kanazawa where we will meet up with the RHK's and HT's to enjoy dinner with KimJapan one night and a geisha performance at our machiya on another. From there we take a train to Naga Onsen for a night in a luxurious ryokan, followed by another train ride to Kyoto where we will again meet up with the RHK's and HT's for nightly dinners. After 5 nights in Kyoto, we head home on ANA/United via Washington Dulles. I am sure we will be able to post as the trip progresses as will the others who are journeying in Japan at the same time or following us in November. Looking forward to a great trip and enjoying the company of fellow Fodorites along the way...
The Great Fodor's Fall Japan Exodus Begins Tues w/Craig & Jeane's Departure
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Wait time for Vietnam visa on arrival
- 2 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 3 Bali -- Visa on Arrival
- 4 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 5 Magical India
- 6 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 7 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 8 Burma, Myanmar Visa On Arrival (VOA) Is Available And Is As Easy As ...
- 9 Traveling on Makha Bucha in Thailand
- 10 Xian Crystal Mooncake
- 11 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 12 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 13 Trip report China
- 14 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 15 Car Parking at Uno Port
- 16 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 17 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 18 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 19 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 20 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 21 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 22 Planning 1st trip to japan. Ideas?
- 23 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 24 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 25 Input on staying the Banyan Tree or Trisara while in Phuket?