We've got about a week to spend in India following a two-week cruise that disembarks in Mumbai ( Kerala and Mangalore are also cruise stops). I'd like to see the highlights rather efficiently, since DH is extremely reluctant to spend ANY extra time in India. Of course, the more I read about the place the more I want to explore it.
So, initial plan is to do a 1/2 day sightseeing trip of Mumbai then high tail it out of there and fly to Udapuir for two nights. Then, fly to New Delhi and spend the night. Next morning, drive to Jaipur for two nights, then (actually it will be Easter Sunday) drive to Agra for one night and see the Taj Mahal at night and the next dawn…that day, fly back to New Delhi for a night and depart the country late the next night. I really would like to spend 3 nights in Udapuir and Jaipur, but also would like to see Japan, as described below. The timing of the cities is dictated by when I could fly between some of them, which I'd prefer to do than all road travel. What are your thoughts concerning domestic air carriers….is Air India preferable to Jet Airways or JetLite?
We'll be flying Singapore Airlines into Singapore (LAX/NRT/SIN) for the start of the cruise, (staying 3 nights beforehand) and since the return route would be Delhi-Singapore-Narita-LAX, have decided to fly from Delhi to Osaka and visit Kyoto for 5 nights, then Tokyo 1 night so we can book the return on Singapore Air from Narita to LAX without going back through Singapore again. I've never been to Japan and it should be cherry blossom time when we'd be there April 8th. I think the cleanliness and orderliness of Kyoto in springtime will be a welcome antidote to the heat, dust and cacophony of India, however colorful it all is
Anyway, please advise as to whether I'm really short changing Jaipur, and possibly Udaipur. Don't want to spend 2 nights in Agra, and I'm not that interested in New Delhi either.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 hack wester union transfer bank transfer paypal transfer
- 2 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 5 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 6 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 7 Sri Lanka in December
- 8 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 9 New Thai Visa
- 10 january 31 in colombo
- 11 Serendipity Srilanka
- 12 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 13 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 14 Traffic and Police in India
- 15 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 16 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 17 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 18 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 19 3 weeks in Japan
- 20 A first time for everything in Japan
- 21 India Tour Companies
- 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?: