We've got about a week to spend in India following a two-week cruise that disembarks in Mumbai ( Kerala and Mangalore are also cruise stops). I'd like to see the highlights rather efficiently, since DH is extremely reluctant to spend ANY extra time in India. Of course, the more I read about the place the more I want to explore it.
So, initial plan is to do a 1/2 day sightseeing trip of Mumbai then high tail it out of there and fly to Udapuir for two nights. Then, fly to New Delhi and spend the night. Next morning, drive to Jaipur for two nights, then (actually it will be Easter Sunday) drive to Agra for one night and see the Taj Mahal at night and the next dawn…that day, fly back to New Delhi for a night and depart the country late the next night. I really would like to spend 3 nights in Udapuir and Jaipur, but also would like to see Japan, as described below. The timing of the cities is dictated by when I could fly between some of them, which I'd prefer to do than all road travel. What are your thoughts concerning domestic air carriers….is Air India preferable to Jet Airways or JetLite?
We'll be flying Singapore Airlines into Singapore (LAX/NRT/SIN) for the start of the cruise, (staying 3 nights beforehand) and since the return route would be Delhi-Singapore-Narita-LAX, have decided to fly from Delhi to Osaka and visit Kyoto for 5 nights, then Tokyo 1 night so we can book the return on Singapore Air from Narita to LAX without going back through Singapore again. I've never been to Japan and it should be cherry blossom time when we'd be there April 8th. I think the cleanliness and orderliness of Kyoto in springtime will be a welcome antidote to the heat, dust and cacophony of India, however colorful it all is
Anyway, please advise as to whether I'm really short changing Jaipur, and possibly Udaipur. Don't want to spend 2 nights in Agra, and I'm not that interested in New Delhi either.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.menshealthsupplement.info/max-testo-Xl/
- 2 India's Palace on Wheels Train Trip
- 3 Best tour operator in Bhutan 2016
- 4 What Does Garden Decking Mean?
- 5 clinton romesha
- 6 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 7 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 8 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 9 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 10 Rishikesh, India
- 11 India in March and April??
- 12 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 13 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 14 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 15 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 16 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 17 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 18 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 19 Japan- National Holiday
- 20 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 21 Passport
- 22 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 23 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 24 Tips for Others Planning to Visit Japan
- 25 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight