We've got about a week to spend in India following a two-week cruise that disembarks in Mumbai ( Kerala and Mangalore are also cruise stops). I'd like to see the highlights rather efficiently, since DH is extremely reluctant to spend ANY extra time in India. Of course, the more I read about the place the more I want to explore it.
So, initial plan is to do a 1/2 day sightseeing trip of Mumbai then high tail it out of there and fly to Udapuir for two nights. Then, fly to New Delhi and spend the night. Next morning, drive to Jaipur for two nights, then (actually it will be Easter Sunday) drive to Agra for one night and see the Taj Mahal at night and the next dawn…that day, fly back to New Delhi for a night and depart the country late the next night. I really would like to spend 3 nights in Udapuir and Jaipur, but also would like to see Japan, as described below. The timing of the cities is dictated by when I could fly between some of them, which I'd prefer to do than all road travel. What are your thoughts concerning domestic air carriers….is Air India preferable to Jet Airways or JetLite?
We'll be flying Singapore Airlines into Singapore (LAX/NRT/SIN) for the start of the cruise, (staying 3 nights beforehand) and since the return route would be Delhi-Singapore-Narita-LAX, have decided to fly from Delhi to Osaka and visit Kyoto for 5 nights, then Tokyo 1 night so we can book the return on Singapore Air from Narita to LAX without going back through Singapore again. I've never been to Japan and it should be cherry blossom time when we'd be there April 8th. I think the cleanliness and orderliness of Kyoto in springtime will be a welcome antidote to the heat, dust and cacophony of India, however colorful it all is
Anyway, please advise as to whether I'm really short changing Jaipur, and possibly Udaipur. Don't want to spend 2 nights in Agra, and I'm not that interested in New Delhi either.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 3 Beach hotel Thailand
- 4 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 5 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 6 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 7 India help needed
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 9 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 10 Sim cards and adaptors
- 11 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 12 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 13 Sri Lanka Visa
- 14 Hoi Ann hotel
- 15 Hotel in Hanoi
- 16 Place to stay Hue
- 17 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 18 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 19 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 20 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 21 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 22 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 23 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 24 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 25 Help with SEAsia itinerary