We've got about a week to spend in India following a two-week cruise that disembarks in Mumbai ( Kerala and Mangalore are also cruise stops). I'd like to see the highlights rather efficiently, since DH is extremely reluctant to spend ANY extra time in India. Of course, the more I read about the place the more I want to explore it.
So, initial plan is to do a 1/2 day sightseeing trip of Mumbai then high tail it out of there and fly to Udapuir for two nights. Then, fly to New Delhi and spend the night. Next morning, drive to Jaipur for two nights, then (actually it will be Easter Sunday) drive to Agra for one night and see the Taj Mahal at night and the next dawn…that day, fly back to New Delhi for a night and depart the country late the next night. I really would like to spend 3 nights in Udapuir and Jaipur, but also would like to see Japan, as described below. The timing of the cities is dictated by when I could fly between some of them, which I'd prefer to do than all road travel. What are your thoughts concerning domestic air carriers….is Air India preferable to Jet Airways or JetLite?
We'll be flying Singapore Airlines into Singapore (LAX/NRT/SIN) for the start of the cruise, (staying 3 nights beforehand) and since the return route would be Delhi-Singapore-Narita-LAX, have decided to fly from Delhi to Osaka and visit Kyoto for 5 nights, then Tokyo 1 night so we can book the return on Singapore Air from Narita to LAX without going back through Singapore again. I've never been to Japan and it should be cherry blossom time when we'd be there April 8th. I think the cleanliness and orderliness of Kyoto in springtime will be a welcome antidote to the heat, dust and cacophony of India, however colorful it all is
Anyway, please advise as to whether I'm really short changing Jaipur, and possibly Udaipur. Don't want to spend 2 nights in Agra, and I'm not that interested in New Delhi either.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kuala Lumpur Advice - Tour Recommendation
- 2 Please Critique My Itinerary
- 3 Taiwan confusion..
- 4 Tokyo daytrip
- 5 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 6 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 7 Does it make sense to stay at 2 Tokyo hotels?
- 8 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 9 Looking for Ryokan in Hakone
- 10 Laos- two weeks in January
- 11 Japan (Tokyo) trip- April or May least expensive to travel?
- 12 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 13 Ryokan in Hakone - best location?
- 14 Visa for India
- 15 Snapshots From Kerala
- 16 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 17 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 18 Other than Kyoto?
- 19 Japan itinerary advice
- 20 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 21 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 22 Trip Report : China
- 23 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 24 Japan GTG, early April
- 25 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql