We've got about a week to spend in India following a two-week cruise that disembarks in Mumbai ( Kerala and Mangalore are also cruise stops). I'd like to see the highlights rather efficiently, since DH is extremely reluctant to spend ANY extra time in India. Of course, the more I read about the place the more I want to explore it.
So, initial plan is to do a 1/2 day sightseeing trip of Mumbai then high tail it out of there and fly to Udapuir for two nights. Then, fly to New Delhi and spend the night. Next morning, drive to Jaipur for two nights, then (actually it will be Easter Sunday) drive to Agra for one night and see the Taj Mahal at night and the next dawn…that day, fly back to New Delhi for a night and depart the country late the next night. I really would like to spend 3 nights in Udapuir and Jaipur, but also would like to see Japan, as described below. The timing of the cities is dictated by when I could fly between some of them, which I'd prefer to do than all road travel. What are your thoughts concerning domestic air carriers….is Air India preferable to Jet Airways or JetLite?
We'll be flying Singapore Airlines into Singapore (LAX/NRT/SIN) for the start of the cruise, (staying 3 nights beforehand) and since the return route would be Delhi-Singapore-Narita-LAX, have decided to fly from Delhi to Osaka and visit Kyoto for 5 nights, then Tokyo 1 night so we can book the return on Singapore Air from Narita to LAX without going back through Singapore again. I've never been to Japan and it should be cherry blossom time when we'd be there April 8th. I think the cleanliness and orderliness of Kyoto in springtime will be a welcome antidote to the heat, dust and cacophony of India, however colorful it all is
Anyway, please advise as to whether I'm really short changing Jaipur, and possibly Udaipur. Don't want to spend 2 nights in Agra, and I'm not that interested in New Delhi either.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 2 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 5 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 6 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 7 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 8 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 9 Road Scholar tour in China
- 10 Bali - What to do?
- 11 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 12 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 13 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 14 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 15 Being customs
- 16 Itinerary feedback please
- 17 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 18 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 19 Tips in Myanmar
- 20 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 21 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
- 22 Favorite Andaman coast beach hotels with kids?
- 23 myanmar
- 24 Feedback on rough one month SE Asia trip
- 25 Honeymoon destination help!!!!!