Good Evening Fodorites!
First off, I wanted to thank all of you for your amazing advice and trip reports. I have been stalking this website for months and finally decided to join!! Lol. Reading your trip reports at night has become my guilty pleasure after long days as a pharmaceutical sales rep and rangling two crazy toddlers when I get home!! My husband is always asking, "what are you reading????"!!!!! I have been enjoying rachill_az's Japan trip report, and have read those by MinnBeef, Kathie and Kavey......and I know I have more to go!. They were all excellent and gave me such great ideas! I am planning a trip to Japan in April for my husband and I (no kids!!!!) I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help with, and I promise to pay it forward and write a trip report on my return, although I don't think my writing will live up to some of yours!!!
We are traveling to Japan from March 31 to April 1, itinerary below,
March 31, depart EWR to Narita
April 1- 4 Tokyo at Hyatt Regency
April 4-5 Hakone at Musashino Bekkan
April 5-8 Kyoto at Hotel Sunline Kyoto Gion
April 8, fly ITM to NRT, then NRT to EWR (obviously will be in need of some ambien... )
A little background on us, I have traveled pretty extensively before I got married, my husband, not so much. His first trip out of the country was with me when we went to Spain on our babymoon! I try to balance fun days, lots of eating, we like cocktails too, sightseeing, some museums, but mostly just want to have great time on vacation! Ok so here goes my questions!
- I had a hard time with the Kyoto hotel reservations, even though I booked three months ago!! There was almost nothing left. I ended up booking the Westin, as well as the Sunline Kyoto Gion. They are both refundable so I'm deciding between the two. The Westin gets awful reviews and is very expensive! The Sunline is a more basic hotel but is in an excellent location. My gut is telling me Sunline. Anyone have experience with either they want to share?
- I am looking to book a private day tour of first full day in Tokyo. Recommendations?
- I started my 2 year old an international doll collection (she could care less about them, but I think it's so cool...). So I'm looking to bring back a Japanese doll. Not super expensive, just authentic looking. Suggestions???
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 China in june-July
- 2 Driver for a 18 day trip in Sri Lanka?
- 3 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 4 ? Regarding Can Tho floating market
- 5 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 6 Bali - What to do?
- 7 Road Scholar tour in China
- 8 China in July
- 9 Seim Reap: hotels?
- 10 How to choose a hotel in Luang Prabang
- 11 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 12 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 13 Problems turned opportunities-Myanmar
- 14 Month in Cambodia and Laos - January 2017
- 15 Is Halong Bay too touristy or still worth the visit?
- 16 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 17 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 18 Internship in Beijing - 4 weeks Where to stay?
- 19 Being customs
- 20 Itinerary feedback please
- 21 ?driver/guide recommendation in Chiang Rai/Chiang Mai
- 22 Itinerary help - 10 days Japan
- 23 Tips in Myanmar
- 24 Elephant Hills or Elephant Haven in Thailand?
- 25 Thailand Itinerary with kids--advice needed
Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
Good Evening Fodorites!