Good Evening Fodorites!
First off, I wanted to thank all of you for your amazing advice and trip reports. I have been stalking this website for months and finally decided to join!! Lol. Reading your trip reports at night has become my guilty pleasure after long days as a pharmaceutical sales rep and rangling two crazy toddlers when I get home!! My husband is always asking, "what are you reading????"!!!!! I have been enjoying rachill_az's Japan trip report, and have read those by MinnBeef, Kathie and Kavey......and I know I have more to go!. They were all excellent and gave me such great ideas! I am planning a trip to Japan in April for my husband and I (no kids!!!!) I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help with, and I promise to pay it forward and write a trip report on my return, although I don't think my writing will live up to some of yours!!!
We are traveling to Japan from March 31 to April 1, itinerary below,
March 31, depart EWR to Narita
April 1- 4 Tokyo at Hyatt Regency
April 4-5 Hakone at Musashino Bekkan
April 5-8 Kyoto at Hotel Sunline Kyoto Gion
April 8, fly ITM to NRT, then NRT to EWR (obviously will be in need of some ambien... )
A little background on us, I have traveled pretty extensively before I got married, my husband, not so much. His first trip out of the country was with me when we went to Spain on our babymoon! I try to balance fun days, lots of eating, we like cocktails too, sightseeing, some museums, but mostly just want to have great time on vacation! Ok so here goes my questions!
- I had a hard time with the Kyoto hotel reservations, even though I booked three months ago!! There was almost nothing left. I ended up booking the Westin, as well as the Sunline Kyoto Gion. They are both refundable so I'm deciding between the two. The Westin gets awful reviews and is very expensive! The Sunline is a more basic hotel but is in an excellent location. My gut is telling me Sunline. Anyone have experience with either they want to share?
- I am looking to book a private day tour of first full day in Tokyo. Recommendations?
- I started my 2 year old an international doll collection (she could care less about them, but I think it's so cool...). So I'm looking to bring back a Japanese doll. Not super expensive, just authentic looking. Suggestions???
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help Japan
- 2 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 5 November, March, June... Japan?
- 6 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 9 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 10 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 11 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 12 Silk Road Tour - China
- 13 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 14 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 15 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 16 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 17 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 18 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 19 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 20 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 21 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 22 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 23 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 24 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 25 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
Good Evening Fodorites!