Good Evening Fodorites!
First off, I wanted to thank all of you for your amazing advice and trip reports. I have been stalking this website for months and finally decided to join!! Lol. Reading your trip reports at night has become my guilty pleasure after long days as a pharmaceutical sales rep and rangling two crazy toddlers when I get home!! My husband is always asking, "what are you reading????"!!!!! I have been enjoying rachill_az's Japan trip report, and have read those by MinnBeef, Kathie and Kavey......and I know I have more to go!. They were all excellent and gave me such great ideas! I am planning a trip to Japan in April for my husband and I (no kids!!!!) I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help with, and I promise to pay it forward and write a trip report on my return, although I don't think my writing will live up to some of yours!!!
We are traveling to Japan from March 31 to April 1, itinerary below,
March 31, depart EWR to Narita
April 1- 4 Tokyo at Hyatt Regency
April 4-5 Hakone at Musashino Bekkan
April 5-8 Kyoto at Hotel Sunline Kyoto Gion
April 8, fly ITM to NRT, then NRT to EWR (obviously will be in need of some ambien... )
A little background on us, I have traveled pretty extensively before I got married, my husband, not so much. His first trip out of the country was with me when we went to Spain on our babymoon! I try to balance fun days, lots of eating, we like cocktails too, sightseeing, some museums, but mostly just want to have great time on vacation! Ok so here goes my questions!
- I had a hard time with the Kyoto hotel reservations, even though I booked three months ago!! There was almost nothing left. I ended up booking the Westin, as well as the Sunline Kyoto Gion. They are both refundable so I'm deciding between the two. The Westin gets awful reviews and is very expensive! The Sunline is a more basic hotel but is in an excellent location. My gut is telling me Sunline. Anyone have experience with either they want to share?
- I am looking to book a private day tour of first full day in Tokyo. Recommendations?
- I started my 2 year old an international doll collection (she could care less about them, but I think it's so cool...). So I'm looking to bring back a Japanese doll. Not super expensive, just authentic looking. Suggestions???
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ok카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 2 the카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 3 안전한카지노 k y a 7 7 . c o m
- 4 Any suggestions for travel agents for Taiwan?
- 5 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 7 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 8 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 9 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 10 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 11 Best and lightest surge protector....suggestions?
- 12 Magical India
- 13 India itinerary critique please
- 14 Japan Itinerary!
- 15 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 16 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 17 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 18 Vientiane and ??
- 19 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 20 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 21 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 22 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 23 Himachal Pradesh
- 24 Luggage size China ?
- 25 New Vietnam eVisa service
Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
Good Evening Fodorites!