I am in the planning stages of a trip to either Thailand and Vietnam or Thailand and Singapore. I don't have a ton of time to do research, however, I am always really hesitant to using a tour company. I have always enjoyed traveling on my own (instead of being stuck in a group of 15 other people). My question is, how easy is it to get around these places without a tour guide? Is there somewhere where I can find info on rail services between these countries?
Thanks for you help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 2 50th Anniversary trip
- 3 "necessities" for India
- 4 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 5 Mandalay questions
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Guides ,Bagan and Mandalay
- 8 Asia Transpacific vs Pacific Delight Private Tour to China
- 9 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 12 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 13 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 14 3 Week Trip to Southeast Asia
- 15 Help - India take 2
- 16 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 17 CNX late arrival?
- 18 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 19 best singapore hotel
- 20 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 21 is this a good travel plan?
- 22 currency conversion
- 23 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 24 The truth about elephant tourism
- 25 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary