I am in the planning stages of a trip to either Thailand and Vietnam or Thailand and Singapore. I don't have a ton of time to do research, however, I am always really hesitant to using a tour company. I have always enjoyed traveling on my own (instead of being stuck in a group of 15 other people). My question is, how easy is it to get around these places without a tour guide? Is there somewhere where I can find info on rail services between these countries?
Thanks for you help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 4 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 5 Lodge in Borneo
- 6 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 7 China and Japan help
- 8 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 9 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 10 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 11 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 12 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 Requesting Passport Number
- 15 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 16 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 17 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 18 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 19 Phu Quoc
- 20 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 21 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 22 Help! India Visa question....
- 23 Singapore hotel
- 24 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 25 Indonesia in February/rainy season