I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 3 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 4 MOVIE: Macao & Northwest gladiators
- 5 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 6 Trekking in Nepal Information
- 7 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 8 Vaccinations
- 9 Chengdu and Beijing
- 10 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 11 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 12 2 months in Indonesia
- 13 Bridge players Beware!!
- 14 a year in burma
- 15 First time to SEA
- 16 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 17 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 18 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 19 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 20 Seoul Searching Questions
- 21 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 22 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 23 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 24 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 25 I miss Mongolia