I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ℰ = ⌘ * 카지노게임방법 ℰ = ⌘ * 바카라게임 ℰ = ⌘ * BUS97. COM
- 2 Seeking Help With My Sri Lanka And South India Itinerary: Rough Draft #1
- 3 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 4 Shanghai as a base to also explore Jiangsu and Zhejiang?
- 5 Travel India solo
- 6 Where to stay in Tokyo
- 7 Update on cash situation in India for imminent visitors
- 8 Hotel Suggestions - New Delhi
- 9 Bali in Feb. for nature & unique cultural perspectives
- 10 Tuk-tuk, songthew or taxi?
- 11 North India Itinerary advice
- 12 Indonesia travel agent
- 13 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 14 Osaka, aquarium?
- 15 2-3 weeks in Asia this fall
- 16 Difference in staying at Dambulla or Habarana
- 17 Advice on Hainan Island?
- 18 Where to go for 3 days in SEA after business meeting in Singapore?
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Japan (First-time) Itinerary Help
- 20 Trip Report: First time in Thailand and Cambodia
- 21 A beach of choice on Samui
- 22 Krabi--Ko Tao--Ko Samui
- 23 Bangkok Taxis
- 24 3 weeks - first time SEA
- 25 Where to buy reading glasses and get a massage in Bangkok?