I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 2 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 3 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 4 Japan GTG, early April
- 5 Trip Report : China
- 6 Japan itinerary advice
- 7 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 8 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 9 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 10 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 11 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 12 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 13 Other than Kyoto?
- 14 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 15 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 16 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 17 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 18 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 19 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 20 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 21 Beijing tours
- 22 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 23 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 24 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 25 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!