I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Thailand with 68 year old father
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 2 Weeks - Japan, China, Taiwan?
- 2 One Month in Vietnam January 2012 - Car and Driver
- 3 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 4 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 4 days hiking in Guilin,China
- 7 Vietnam and coffee
- 8 I'm going to Japan!
- 9 Malaria
- 10 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 11 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 12 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 13 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 14 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 15 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 16 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 17 Cherry blossom
- 18 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 19 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 20 How safe is Delhi/India
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?