I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Crackers with cheese with it; just two o
- 2 Tell Me A Good Place To Stay In Darjeeling?
- 3 http://utrimcleanseblog.com/exoslim/
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 http://healthnbeautyfacts.com/megadrox-review/
- 6 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 7 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 8 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 9 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 10 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 11 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 12 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 13 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 14 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 15 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 16 A great trip in India
- 17 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 18 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 19 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 20 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 21 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 22 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 23 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?