I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Thailand with 68 year old father
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Has Anyone been to Nagaland in North Eastern India?
- 2 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 3 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara
- 4 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 5 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 6 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 7 Which is better with kids, Dubai or Singapore ?
- 8 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 9 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 10 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 11 First trip to China ! Need help with itinerary
- 12 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 13 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 14 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 15 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 16 Indian visa
- 17 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 18 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 19 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 20 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 21 Art in Shanghai
- 22 Dress code in India
- 23 One week in India
- 24 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 25 Bali for 10 days need help with budget