I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Thailand with 68 year old father
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help! Which to choose?
- 2 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 3 North Vietnam Again!
- 4 Castle & King
- 5 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 6 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 7 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 8 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 9 One week in Thailand
- 10 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 11 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 12 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 13 India and Nepal 2014
- 14 Independent female traveller
- 15 Tour company practices
- 16 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 17 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 18 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 19 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 20 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 21 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 22 Passport Safety
- 23 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 24 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 25 Mt Aso Eruption