I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Thailand with 68 year old father
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 2 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 3 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 4 Great Tour to Rajasthan / North India with private driver
- 5 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 6 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 7 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 8 Japan Itinerary for May
- 9 Thai island escape
- 10 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 11 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 12 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 13 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 14 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 15 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 16 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 17 South Korea 5 days
- 18 Japan -OAT tour
- 19 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 20 Questions on Places to See in Burma
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Transport logistics: Kyoto, Hiroshima/Miyajima, Kyushu
- 23 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 24 General question
- 25 Train Travel During Golden Week