I am taking my dad on a father-son 9 day trip to Thailand as he has never been to an Asian country. He is a keen walker and young and active for his age (68). We will be flying into Bangkok on the 29th November and then I am unsure of what we should do from there. I would like him to see:
1) Bangkok - assumed 3 - 4 full days to see the sights, sounds, and some culture. He will love the street food
2) One of the islands, ideally somewhere less touristy and without the "working girls" for 3 days or longer if there is things to keep busy rather than just sitting on the each reading a book. I would be keen to do some hiking (bush walking), snorkeling etc.
3) something else if it makes sense....Kanchaburi, Chiang Mai, other??
I have been to Thailand with my wife a number of times, but the last time was 2005 (pre-kids) and I know the islands have changed a lot, so am not sure where to head.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. He is a camper so does not need any luxury, but it may be nice to spoil him somewhere luxurious for a few nights.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 2 2 weeks in Java
- 3 Japan tickets purchased a itinerary help needed
- 4 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 5 Italy from an Asian base
- 6 Tibet and BhutanTour
- 7 Vietnam in January
- 8 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 9 Where to Layover
- 10 Tokyo & Kyoto
- 11 Interesting destinations for 6 weeks in Jan., Feb., or March
- 12 The Must-see temples in Bali!!
- 13 9 days in Bali
- 14 4.5 days in Singapore
- 15 Blooming chart in Japan
- 16 Travel to India in May?
- 17 Itinerary review: Alpine Route
- 18 Itinerary Review: What do you think?
- 19 Four nights in Kanazawa + Noto Peninsula self drive + Shirakawago stopover
- 20 Saigon: French, War, Now Ho Chi Minh
- 21 Layover in Hong Kong
- 22 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 23 Beach time in Thailand - mid November
- 24 Bus service in Nepal
- 25 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016